The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watson Racing BMO Private Shop Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey gang, just a quick update on the status of the tour at Watson...

I exchanged emails with their guy last week and he indicated they are about 50% through the 2014 Cobra Jet build at present and that they likely won't begin the 302S build until the CJ build concludes. He is currently estimating the 302S build start to fall right at the end of 2013 or the beginning of January.

I plan to follow up with him again after Thanksgiving/early December to see if the 302S build plans have firmed up and hopefully by then we can start looking at tentative dates. He definitely wants to get BMO into the facility to see the build!

Sounds awesome!!!! I hope they have some CJs left when we go, would love to see those as well. Damn im excited.

They are finishing up the CJ builds and will switch to the 302S immediately afterwards. So probably sometime in January.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/2014-ford-racing-cobra-jet-build-gets-underway-at-watson-racing/

smIMG_7510.jpg
smIMG_7534.jpg
smIMG_7526.jpg

Z20WHAT said:
Hey gang, just a quick update on the status of the tour at Watson...

I exchanged emails with their guy last week and he indicated they are about 50% through the 2014 Cobra Jet build at present and that they likely won't begin the 302S build until the CJ build concludes. He is currently estimating the 302S build start to fall right at the end of 2013 or the beginning of January.

I plan to follow up with him again after Thanksgiving/early December to see if the 302S build plans have firmed up and hopefully by then we can start looking at tentative dates. He definitely wants to get BMO into the facility to see the build!

any update here yet?

I need to plan a few things for February and hoping not to conflict with this tour

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I have a couple friends in Detroit that may get married in the future...one works for SVT and the other for GM lol. I may try to wrangle a Watson visit if that wedding happens. Didn't think to ask at my last SVT wedding trip lol.

Hear is a link to some more pictures of the Watson Racing facility from the Mustang Alley trip that was part of the Woodword Dream Cruise weekend.

Mustang Alley Pictures:
https://mustangalley.shutterfly.com/2013pictures/3664

Watson Racing pictures from same event:
http://www.watsonracing.com/mustang-alley-ford-racing-open-house-at-watson-racing/nggallery/show--photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails/page/1

Maybe this will tide some of you over for a few more days.

Wanted to post an update, as I know a lot of you are excited about getting the chance to check out Watson's facility and see the build.

Patrick from Watson says they are just starting the 302S build and he expects it will be in full swing by early February. The date he offered for the BMO.com tour is Saturday, February 15th.

Check your schedules and if that seems like a good date, please reply here with your interest and we will proceed with planning the tour!

do you know what time on the 15th?

I have a 5 hour drive and unfortunately can't leave on the 14th ( valentine's day - already have plans with the wife )

Alright, I'll go back and check on the following Saturday. Sounds like we'd want it to begin at 12 or 1 pm to give those traveling from neighboring states a chance to drive up?

thanks for looking into an alternate date

I originally was thinking this was going to be during the work week not on a Saturday

let us know when you have a final date

Alright, gang. Patrick offered up either of the next two Saturdays as well... So everyone's choices are: 2/15, 2/22 or 3/1.

I would say we would want to start around 11:30 or noon at the latest and the event would likely run 2.5 or 3 hours.

Check your schedules, check in with your boss and your other BOSS and REPLY to this thread with your top TWO (2) choices for the tour.

I'd like to get back to Patrick with our decision for a date by noon this Friday, 2/7 so tick tock!!!

Shaping up to be a great event with the build and some surprises from Ford Racing as well...

my vote is for 2/22

my plan would be to come in on friday and do something in detroit like ford museum and then stay over and goto tour on saturday

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel