The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
SUPRMN said:
Just completed the installs for the BBK Cold Air Intake and the signed dash panel. Believe it or not, both were very simple to do.
Very nice. Did you have to add a tune with the CAI? Can you please briefly describe how to replace the dash panel?

5 DOT 0, There is no need for a tune with the CAI......and the description of how to replace the dash panel I've added in the thread I created about the signature.

drano38

Wayne
CaliMR said:
I'm a little confused how you pulled the new ones in. Did you tighten the lug nut which pushed the sleeve which pushed the hub, thus "pulling" the lug? That is the only way I can think how all those parts would work together.

Yep, go to a hardware or parts store and buy a spare lug nut to pull the new studs in with. If you don't have an impact wrench (or a friend who does), buy a cheap electric one from Harbor Freight. Tightening the nut pulls the stud into the hub. The steel bushing allows you to use a typical length deep socket (I used a spark plug socket).

Its pretty easy once you look at my pics and others who have posted (2012YellowBoss has pics somewhere too).

Looks great, IMO the WC splitter fits the look of the car better. Your friends car looks fantastic and I see he added two more hood pins. Remember my son still wants some nice photos of it now that it's complete. ;)

CaliMR said:
Blue one is the LS splitter? It looks bigger.

Your hood looks really good with the little line around the black out section.
Yep exactly. The WC splitter was recommended as a better street/track option. Less likely to hit it on driveways, etc. which means it's also less likely to get buried in the mud when I go 4 wheelin' ;D Actually with the addtional downforce from the hood, this should be all I need.

Thanks, I went back and forth on that but in the end decided to make it like the original 302S concept. Getting closer, but I really need to burn off these Hoosiers from my 302S wheels. They look killer on the grabber car IMO.

Am I just down to window nets and the big wing? :p

fordmustangboss302s1102.jpg

By cloud91965 at 2012-03-09

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cloud9 said:
World Challenge splitter installed and oil temp sensor working :D These are in the service drive on a cell phone. It's mid 70s and sunny all week so I'll try to get a better one outdoors later.

Gary - did your splitter get wet and shrink ? ;D LOL (You'll be the one laughing when I do a 4-off and end up digging a hole to China.)

5 DOT 0 said:
Looks great, IMO the WC splitter fits the look of the car better. Your friends car looks fantastic and I see he added two more hood pins. Remember my son still wants some nice photos of it now that it's complete. ;)
Thanks. Yea I need to get it in action at the track. Wife took some photography classes and has a really nice new camera so maybe in a couple weeks.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
No, it was because your Boss was in the Pool ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUNNKzj_Nc[/youtube]

And when I go 4-off I guess I'm going to Antarctica, not China:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAxGccJNw0A[/youtube]

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
2012YellowBoss said:
That splitter looks to be the same size as mine after I cut it down. Maybe a little more in the center and a little less on the sides.

bosssebr.jpg

Scott looks great. You changed all of your stripes to matte black right? Ford should have done matte or reflective right from the start IMHO.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel