The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yet Another Tire Thread. Firestone, Ohtsu, Michelin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
The extreme contact force is a 200 tw DOT tire. The 295 will fit a 10” wide wheel but would be supported better by an 11” wheel. I am looking at trying 295’s on my 10” wheels the next go around.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SC
The extreme contact force is a 200 tw DOT tire. The 295 will fit a 10” wide wheel but would be supported better by an 11” wheel. I am looking at trying 295’s on my 10” wheels the next go around.

I am really curious to see 295/30/19's on 10" wheels actually. Do you think those Conti's would be fine to drive me to work and back? 😅

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I don't think they would be horrible on the street, but they may be prone to hydroplaning on standing water based on my experience with similar tread patterns.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The Force is a great overall tire as it is designed for Endurance Racing , which translates great for HPDEs, but I thought you were locked in to either Firestonse or Ohshitzus? If you are just going with the wheels, then there are a ton of choices and a 295 will fit on a 10 inch wheel , though a 10.5 -11.0 would be a bit better if needed. If you are considering just grabbing the wheels there are some other options besides the Force tires , though I do know where you may still get a deal on them.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SC
The Force is a great overall tire as it is designed for Endurance Racing , which translates great for HPDEs, but I thought you were locked in to either Firestonse or Ohshitzus? If you are just going with the wheels, then there are a ton of choices and a 295 will fit on a 10 inch wheel , though a 10.5 -11.0 would be a bit better if needed. If you are considering just grabbing the wheels there are some other options besides the Force tires , though I do know where you may still get a deal on them.
Well I am actually considering those for the future. But if I can talk to lmr and just get the wheels and the tpms sensors for a good price, then, it could be a different story.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
They are one good option, there are others , and if you do get a good deal with just wheels , then you have plenty of choices open -- though some may not be in your budget. Likely the Conti Force or Falcon RT660s would be in there at lower pricing, if the program is still up?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SC
They are one good option, there are others , and if you do get a good deal with just wheels , then you have plenty of choices open -- though some may not be in your budget. Likely the Conti Force or Falcon RT660s would be in there at lower pricing, if the program is still up?
Well I know trackdaytire had buy 3 get 1 free for Conti's but can't see it on their website anymore.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
trackdaytire had buy 3 get 1 free for Conti's but can't see it on their website anymore.
I think it was using the discount code from this thread. Not sure if it still works.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel