The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S650 2024 Ecoboost Build Thread Profile - S650 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Check out Vorshlag ( site sponsor ) or M&M for front camber plates, that way if installed when the shocks are it would cut down costs ( if someone else is doing it ). If you are doing it yourself then you have everything ready for a street/track alignment which will give you better turn in, higher gs, and save the outside edge of your tires -- so more tire life.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good luck tomorrow and those gumball Bridgerocks will keep your Stang stuck. Do go out and drive on them prior to the event to get all the release lubricant off. Many of us have had fun first laps on a track or autocross course because we did not get that film all off and instead of sticking to the ground we were slip sliding away!

Post some pics from tomorrow and have fun !

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nevada
I ran my second Autocross event ever on 1-7-24. It was a big improvement over my first one. My best raw time was 65.809 and my pax time was 53.305. Raw time was 9.201 seconds off of the fastest car and pax time was 6.547 seconds off. I was also competitive in my group only 0.525 off the time of the winner of DS. A giant improvement over The December event when I was 20.351 seconds off raw, 13.872 seconds off PAX, and 9.335 seconds off in my group. below is a link to YouTube if you would like to see my fastest run.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would focus, at this point, on where you place behind others in your Class, and only 1/2 second behind the Winner is great.
Thanks for posting and glad you had a great time. I am gazing out the window at 5 inches of fresh snow so, yes, I am envious !!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nevada
I would focus, at this point, on where you place behind others in your Class, and only 1/2 second behind the Winner is great.
Thanks for posting and glad you had a great time. I am gazing out the window at 5 inches of fresh snow so, yes, I am envious !!
Thank you Bill. I focus on my class at the track and then pay attention to the other times when I get home. I am pretty proud of the improvement I had against the same group of DS cars. That's the nice thing about Las Vegas, we run in the winter but take the summer months off when it's 115 degrees here. We still get 12 Autocross events in and some Time Trials and track days also.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
This is my wheelhouse. Eco's are great parking lot warriors. We've naturally got more front end than the V8 cars and similar torque. Pretty much every canned spring package you can buy has a front that's too soft and a rear that's too stiff, so you've got a decision to make there. Beyond that, there's about a million other changes to get it in CAM shape.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nevada
This is my wheelhouse. Eco's are great parking lot warriors. We've naturally got more front end than the V8 cars and similar torque. Pretty much every canned spring package you can buy has a front that's too soft and a rear that's too stiff, so you've got a decision to make there. Beyond that, there's about a million other changes to get it in CAM shape.
My plan is to stay in DS. Not sure I want to go down the CAM rabbit hole.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
It can be tough to be competitive in DS or STU against the smaller cars. Depending on how deep you want to get, start with every bushing in the car. CAM is a lot more about building what you want and letting the chips fall where they may. There will *always* be someone doing more, but at least you're running against cars with a similar base architecture and you can put the alignment on that you want. It's a damned if you do/damned if you don't scenario.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Congrats as that was the reasonable price shock set up that a bunch of guys in stock Classes went to for better hook up and balance -- with plenty of success. We will be interested to get your assessment of how well they worked after the 21st.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel