The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S650 2024 Ecoboost Build Thread Profile - S650 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
I am working on a brake upgrade. Mainly because there are no good pads available for the current brake system. The front is pretty easy to swap out to the PP Brembo's The rear will require replacing the Knuckles and that's an extra $1100. I am also looking to see if I can bump up the power currently factory-rated at 315 HP and no I haven't had it on a dyno, yet. Any suggestions for adding power would be greatly appreciated.

Just go for the 6-piston fronts and 15" discs. The rears are basically there for decoration, so don't worry about putting much money there. If you want to drop a little weight with 2-piece discs, sure, but even that is overkill. The engine is a relatively easy fix. You'll need an intercooler, a drop-in air filter, a tuner and a tune. The first one, do right away. The stock intercooler kills the engine even when it's stock, so it definitely kills anything more than that. I'm not sure if anyone is tuning these yet or if there's a FP tune (which would be the HPP map). When the ECU's get cracked, these will be the guys to do it. They're awesome with Eco's and they have a 2024 HPP as a test mule https://emsinc-tn.com/.

Just go for the 6-piston fronts and 15" discs. The rears are basically there for decoration, so don't worry about putting much money there. If you want to drop a little weight with 2-piece discs, sure, but even that is overkill. The engine is a relatively easy fix. You'll need an intercooler, a drop-in air filter, a tuner and a tune. The first one, do right away. The stock intercooler kills the engine even when it's stock, so it definitely kills anything more than that. I'm not sure if anyone is tuning these yet or if there's a FP tune (which would be the HPP map). When the ECU's get cracked, these will be the guys to do it. They're awesome with Eco's and they have a 2024 HPP as a test mule https://emsinc-tn.com/.
Phoenix is working on these, they have an in house dyno ( and about everything else you will need) and they have experience racing them.
Tell them blacksheep sent you

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
I'd put the intercooler way up on the list just because the stock one is so bad, but engine stuff isn't all that important to start. Job one is replacing every bushing on the car with either Polyurethane or a spherical.

Agree with intercooler if you’re after power. Add to that GFB DV+ blowoff valve. Helps response into boost considerably.

I chased more power with my Ecoboost including a bigger turbo but it didn’t deliver the power curve or impact I was looking for. So in retrospect I’d say if you’re after power the max I’d do is an intercooler, downpipe, BOV, drop in air filter and a tune. If that doesn’t do it for you this isn’t the right power plant for you. Those all had good returns but returns diminish after that while cost increases significantly.

And agree with above, sphericals everywhere you can especially RLCA, toe link, and toe link knuckle bearing. Huuuuuge improvement.

TMO Supporting Vendors