The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S650 2024 Ecoboost Build Thread Profile - S650 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nevada
So I want to remain in DS for Autocross. I have upgraded the wheels and the tires. I installed the Koni Sports and got a track alignment. My next thing is weight reduction starting with reducing the weight of the driver so I started a diet. At 279 lbs I'm hoping to reduce the weight by 50 lbs when I'm done. What would you guys suggest I upgrade next? I know my options are limited in DS.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nevada
So I ran my first Time Trial event on Sunday, January 21st At Las Vegas Motor Speedways Outside Road Course. It was a ton of fun and I learned a lot. It was a rainy day but dried out a little for the final session. That's when I set my fastest time of 2.18.619. I was fastest in my group S3 and 13th fastest overall. I did destroy my brake pads but unfortunately at this time they don't make performance brakes for my particular model. Hopefully, soon they will. Below is a link to the video of my fastest lap.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nevada
Kind of surprised there is not something out there. I will call Danny Puskar at G-Loc tomorrow and see what their schedule is. Do you have the Ford stock part for your car?
Bill the funny thing is there are no aftermarket pads for my car at all that I could find. I had to get new pads from the Ford dealer. The part numbers are PR3Z2001A for the front and PR3Z2200B for the rear. Mine came originally with 17" wheels and the 320MM front rotors.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Colorado Springs
Bill the funny thing is there are no aftermarket pads for my car at all that I could find. I had to get new pads from the Ford dealer. The part numbers are PR3Z2001A for the front and PR3Z2200B for the rear. Mine came originally with 17" wheels and the 320MM front rotors.
I noticed this as well for mine. I just figured I'd upgrade to GT brakes or even GT350R brakes at some point. The GT brakes are pretty cheap though, and much more aftermarket pad options.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nevada
Chatted with Danny Puskar at G-Loc brakes and he can help you out. He is kind of hard to catch at times so he suggested you email him and try calling also . PS - make sure you get the pads Pre-Bedded !!

[email protected] 844-927-2537
Thanks Bill I will definitely reach out to him today.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nevada
If it didn't go boom or crunch, don't be disappointed. It's all for fun.
It didn't go boom or crunch but the brake system was an issue. I did have fun but really wanted to run both days instead of the 2 practice sessions and one the 6 official sessions. I put new pads on last week bedded them in and then the only other time on them was driving 30 miles to the track. Including in and out laps in 3 sessions I did a total of 22 laps on Saturday. I heard a brake noise after the 3rd session. Went and pulled the front wheels and the inside pad on both front brakes was gone. The outside front had about half pad left. Brakes are an issue with this car since nobody makes performance pads for it as of now and the G-Loc people are completely unresponsive to both email and phone calls. I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 6 piston Brembos that are on the performance pack.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
It didn't go boom or crunch but the brake system was an issue. I did have fun but really wanted to run both days instead of the 2 practice sessions and one the 6 official sessions. I put new pads on last week bedded them in and then the only other time on them was driving 30 miles to the track. Including in and out laps in 3 sessions I did a total of 22 laps on Saturday. I heard a brake noise after the 3rd session. Went and pulled the front wheels and the inside pad on both front brakes was gone. The outside front had about half pad left. Brakes are an issue with this car since nobody makes performance pads for it as of now and the G-Loc people are completely unresponsive to both email and phone calls. I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 6 piston Brembos that are on the performance pack.

It sounds like you still had the discs with inverse cooling? They're a nightmare. The 14" disc is probably just fine for most by itself, but you have to get the later disc and the pad selection is very limited. The real answer is just going to the 15" disc and 6-piston calipers, especially for something like track duty. As opposed to just AutoX, you need the extra braking thermal capacity. Pad selection gets a lot easier, too. Ebay is your friend.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nevada
I am working on a brake upgrade. Mainly because there are no good pads available for the current brake system. The front is pretty easy to swap out to the PP Brembo's The rear will require replacing the Knuckles and that's an extra $1100. I am also looking to see if I can bump up the power currently factory-rated at 315 HP and no I haven't had it on a dyno, yet. Any suggestions for adding power would be greatly appreciated.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel