The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

4-door Mustang Sedan photos from Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A buddy had a GTO, the old school guys wouldn't give him the time of day, sadly, since the last of the ( domestic) GTOs was a rebadged Nova.
Those cars were monsters.
It's like the tricked out Focus, by the time you bought one, you could've had a Mustang.

It's so bizarre how the Aussie cars didn't translate here, as cool as they were. When they made the Commodore available as a Pontiac G8 and then the Chevy SS in the US, I thought that was going to be a hit, but it never really caught on. I always thought the Falcons were cool as hell.
I think it has a lot to do with marketing of those cars. The G8 did pretty well, it was just poorly timed as it came state-side right before the massive housing crash in 2008.

They tried again with the poorly named SS with next to nothing in marketing dollars spent and everyone just assumed it was an upper trim level of the Malibu and not it's own bespoke model. As much as some people would have hated it, it would have probably sold better if they marketed it as a Camaro or Corvette Sedan.

Put a coyote in it and I might be interested. Literally just bought a 4 door mustang the other day as a daily.

2023 Lexus IS500
5.0 DOHC N/A V8 making 472hp
8-speed automatic
RWD

If Ford had offered the car above in a similar configuration you can bet your ass I would have cross-shopped the two.
Start tracking the Lexus and return the Mustang to daily duty :? Or just use the Lexus for both. They are amazingly reliable (spoiler alert it's not a Ford). A friend of mine had a 2010 or something ISF with 420 hp he was regularly doing 100-150 laps a day with that thing not exiting the track for hours the biggest issue he faced was a radiator that broke but even then that car take him to home from the track that was after 1 hour in July summer of track time.

Start tracking the Lexus and return the Mustang to daily duty :? Or just use the Lexus for both. They are amazingly reliable (spoiler alert it's not a Ford). A friend of mine had a 2010 or something ISF with 420 hp he was regularly doing 100-150 laps a day with that thing not exiting the track for hours the biggest issue he faced was a radiator that broke but even then that car take him to home from the track that was after 1 hour in July summer of track time.
Possible, but the reason the IS500 isn't an ISF is they didn't equip it with the proper brakes or cooling systems to handle extended track duty. Nothing you can't fix in the aftermarket, or via OEM RCF parts on the car, but still makes a much better daily than the GT350 ever would.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel