The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Cooks Onboard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
well... leftover leftovers tonite... venison was gone, but put the leftover roasted potatoes and mushroom sauce in a pot with some milk, worchestershire, beef stock & herbs... soup... was very good... sorry I forgot to take pictures... ate too fast.. lol

Got my Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potatoes at the store today, all on sale , of course. I don't put carrots in my pot.I'll cook it in a day or two or maybe three...the ingredients ain't going anywhere.When I was growing up, we never had Corned Beef......Always HAM, Cabbage and Potatoes...........so I bought a big Ham slice today, also.St Patrick's Day falls on a Friday this year, so The Pope forgives you for having meat on this Friday during Lent...........The green beer is up to you...........LOL........................

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Green beer? Who drinks green beer?
1678510418042.png
My Irish grandmother said that corned beef is an American thing, she had boiled ham growing up. Corned beef on St. Pat's probably came from a crossover between the Irish and Jewish commmunities in New York City. In our house, we'd have corned beef on St. Pat's, but other times of the year New England Boiled Dinner was usually a Daisy ham, or sometimes beef tongue.

I like carrots, so I put extra in. I guess we balance out the CT carrot market demand, Bob. Slainte.

Corned beef in the pot with onions and simmering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. house smells good!!!..taking out corned beef 2pm.....adding cut up potatoes soon and after that cut up cabbage...........Hannibal loves a plan that comes together..................ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Happy St Pats day whenever you celebrate it .........................

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Corned beef in the pot with onions and simmering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. house smells good!!!..taking out corned beef 2pm.....adding cut up potatoes soon and after that cut up cabbage...........Hannibal loves a plan that comes together..................ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Happy St Pats day whenever you celebrate it .........................
Some pics would be nice...:rolleyes:

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Not sure. Do you access the site from your phone? Can your phone take pics? If the answer to either of these is NO, then likely not.

My BIL still uses a flip phone. It can take and text pics, but for some reason he can't view pics from other newer phones. I suspect its a image size/memory issue.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
@302BOB, try this recipe for your cornbread. Use the recipe on the back of this cornmeal. Replace the whole milk with whole buttermilk. Use two eggs, and add two heaping tablespoons of Duke’s Mayo. This is a cast iron skillet cornbread. Place 2-3 tablespoons of oil in the bottom of the skillet, place it in the oven, and set it to 450°F. When the oven reaches temp, remove the skillet and pour in the cornbread mixture. Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes.

I use a 8" Lodge cast iron skillet.

1678974184932.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors