The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Day eight:
26,000 plus Christmas lifts up so far.

Still two days left I figure.

I've ignored the fact the Boss battery is dead.

I've spent a total of 20 minutes looking into some kind of replacement over the past two weeks.

People are calling me Clark and I'm not sure why.

Watched both Christmas Vacation and Deck the Halls with other sick neighbors as a form of therapy.

What really has me worries is I'm actually thinking of naming one of my wire reindeer 302BOB.

Not sure why.

Forget Mr. Young, I'm thinking "Send Lawyers, Guns and Money'"

Is it too early for "Merry Christmas?"

Tyme, Slow down... enjoy the weekend! The silly season is just getting started.Contact My lawyer about naming that Reindeer 302BOB.....It may be a copyright infringement. Hope you get your battery issue settled...really got me starting to worry about mine?...and BTW it's never too early for Merry Christmas!!!..and don't worry about those neighbors...you'll all do just fine ...misery loves company....Hon, you still up?................:oops:

Last edited:
Just checking out the reviews coming out for the 2018 Mustang. The GT HP has improved to 460 and the 4 cylinder Ecoboost is rated at 310 HP. If I wasn't so attached to my Boss I would consider upgrading to that GT. It supposedly has Quad exhaust and a Lot more creature comforts now available than the Boss has............can't let the Boss hear me talking like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....either one!!!...........;)

Last edited:
NEWS FLASH FROM BRIGHTON COLORADO!!!!!!! Major power outage in the area!! It seems one house with over 30,000 Christmas lights was plugged in this evening and caused the power grid to collapse.... A blue Mustang was seen fleeing the scene .....more updates as they come in!!!

Driver of that blue Mustang last spotted installing a new battery at the local Auto Zone. Took off before Police could arrive......More Christmas lights could be seen in the back seat."The silly season has begun" could be heard from the car as the car sped away!

20's this morning..only low 40's today. Yesterday topped out at 64..record was 65. I coulda, woulda, shoulda did a lot more yesterday in those balmy temps but takin the Boss out for a nice ride was enough for me. Those leaves ain't going anywhere...............

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
A friend of mine from Virginia who's bugging me to head out to VIR next year called and wants me to check out a Hellcat in southern Colorado for him. I'll take the hour drive this afternoon to take her for a spin. Always wanted to get behind the wheels of one of those monsters.

I do hope my Boss doesn't consider this cheating on her.

The Boss may quiver when it hears that Hellcat growl but not on a road course, maybe on a straight a way. The Dodge Demon Challenger was made specifically as a drag car...make sure you get that one dollar option!!!!

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I was a bit surprised about the Hellcat. It's really a cool car but not for tracking. Definitely a straight line car. It drives more like a Caddy than a racecar. I did like how buttery the six speed Tremec shifted and the firm clutch. Although I didn't light it up, the car was fast and responsive albeit just driving it you can tell it was heavy. Turns out the guy runs with the same NASA group I do and he remembered seeing my Kona Blue Boss at High Plains raceway. He runs two 'vettes and a brand new ZL1 but never the Hellcat. He showed me around his garage and I nearly peed myself when he unveiled a McClaren 570S. Unfortunately he wouldn't let me test drive it. All told it was a great afternoon.

Anyone else out there need me to test drive a Colorado car?IMG_0638_zpszqquy54s.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors