The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Everybody............. I'm BAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......first time I'm back home at my castle and keyboard in over six weeks......I had a bad fall in my garage, badly bruising my al;ready bad knee and fracturing my ankle that needed surgery to put in a plate and some pins to help it heal right. Im on a non weight bearing status ( meaning my rt foot can't touch the ground) for 6-8 wks, which REALLY sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stairs are my worst enemy and my wheel chair has been my best friend....at least it's not my clutch leg/foot! What started out as going to the ER for xrays and an ultra sound to check for blood clots turned into a week in the hospital and 5 wks in a rehab/therapy facility.................and I thought my date with fate, 2 yrs ago was a rough ride, heck, that was a walk in the park compared to this adventure. I'm hoping to be back in Boss driving condition by mid May..........we'll see...............Glad to be back home and visiting the TMO clubhouse once again...................View attachment 94706
Glad you're back buddy! Wishing you a quick uneventful recovery! Let's figure out how to put a Coyote on that wheelchair!

I forgot to mention.........besides the wheelchair, I have a cute little knee scooter that keeps my foot off the ground and also a walker with a knee sling attached to it that also keeps my foot off the ground. These toys would be great except that my bruised knee starts complaining after a few minutes of being leaned on...................I know.........quit my bellyachin.....I don't have a leg to stand on....................also 6 wks without a pizza has got to be record territory for me..........Son will help me out with that, I'm sure....;)

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Hey Everybody............. I'm BAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......first time I'm back home at my castle and keyboard in over six weeks......I had a bad fall in my garage, badly bruising my al;ready bad knee and fracturing my ankle that needed surgery to put in a plate and some pins to help it heal right. Im on a non weight bearing status ( meaning my rt foot can't touch the ground) for 6-8 wks, which REALLY sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stairs are my worst enemy and my wheel chair has been my best friend....at least it's not my clutch leg/foot! What started out as going to the ER for xrays and an ultra sound to check for blood clots turned into a week in the hospital and 5 wks in a rehab/therapy facility.................and I thought my date with fate, 2 yrs ago was a rough ride, heck, that was a walk in the park compared to this adventure. I'm hoping to be back in Boss driving condition by mid May..........we'll see...............Glad to be back home and visiting the TMO clubhouse once again...................View attachment 94706
Welcome back Bob and best wishes on the recovery!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
After knee scooter, then you get a walker with limited weight bearing then crutches so the steps can be attacked. Then a cane with full weight on repaired leg, knee & ankle. Then you can learn to walk again. Correctly also. Remember, heel, toe, knee. You think that should be automatic but the brain has to learn again after so long. Ask me how I know.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Great to see you posting again, Bob. We were really worried when you went silent, until Bill P. was able to track you down and give the forum an update. Good luck healing quickly and getting back behind the wheel. The Boss should be good motivation.

Son dropped by yesterday with the boys.............I was a little worried they might not remember ole gumpy grandpa after 6 plus wks, but those fears were completely unwarranted...........They were as happy to see me as I was happy to see them!!!!! I don't know who was more overjoyed, Galaxy or Peanut...........but by looking at their tails wagging, it might have been a draw. Hon and Son were going to surprise me with a completely re-done bathroom from the ground up.....but the work is taking a little longer than expected and should be done by the weekend.....Gone is the bathtub, now a walk-in shower with a seat for the recovering invalid..........new tiled floor and walls....new vanity with sink with all new fixtures and a high rise toilet!!!! I don't know who's paying for all this, but I have my suspicions.........I have to keep reminding myself...It's the thought that counts.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors