The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 EL 30! Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Miami FL
Had a great time at Homestead Speedway this weekend!
The car did great, all the work done to it and the new tires made it handle way better!
Only 2 issues: it’s starving for fuel at hard corners when the fuel tank is 1/4 or less and I ran out of front brake pads the first day, ended up getting some $40 NAPA brake pads and they did really good! and lasted me all sunday. Going to try Hawk’s DTC-60 next track day.
My son felt really comfortable in the car and his times dropped every hit, I’m proud to say he is now faster than me!
Here‘s a few pictures.

IMG_6569.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

IMG_0389.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

IMG_0377.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0348.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The car looks sinister in all the great shots at the track. Welcome to the World of Ford's idiotic saddleback tank and your issue is one that continues to this day. There are plenty of ideas on TMO on how to somewhat fix the issue ( surge tank/pump ) but the easiest for now is do not let the car get that low on fuel, ha. Most of us have been in the same position and it is a very common complaint.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Miami FL
The car looks sinister in all the great shots at the track.
Hey Bill! Thanx!! The little mustang has come a long way since the first time I posted here… and we still have a lot of work to do.
Hopefully in the next pictures I post the front bumper will be wrapped (we ran out of paper🤣)

.Welcome to the World of Ford's idiotic saddleback tank and your issue is one that continues to this day. There are plenty of ideas on TMO on how to somewhat fix the issue ( surge tank/pump ) but the easiest for now is do not let the car get that low on fuel, ha. Most of us have been in the same position and it is a very common complaint.

That's what we did, we figured out it was only happening with a low tank so we kept it over 1/2 a tank and the problem went away... that's cheaper that a Holley hydramat LOL

Last edited:
Your car looks great on the track! The Hawk DTC-60 pad should work well for you. To get the best longevity and on-track results follow Hawks burn-in procedures before your track day. Also might try painting your front and rear rotors to get an idea of temperatures you are reaching on the track. This will give you a pretty close idea what temp rating pads to run front and rear. Have fun, be safe!

TMO Supporting Vendors