The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford now has a iron coyote block good for 5.6L!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just saw this today. Sounds interesting!!! 95mm bore and 99mm stroke. Wonder how much it weighs... Its about US$5500

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
California
I'm guessing this is going to be great for the big power guys.
For us road racers, I'm guessing the main benefit would be better ring seal from less heat distortion and the block might hold together better in case of a failure?
I can't imagine we'd see much more power if any in an NA build just from rigidity right?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
This is cool from the standpoint that Ford is dedicated to offering great performance options to this engine platform, they are just fanning the flames. I was concerned for quite some time that all we would get was what comes in the production vehicles. Great to see!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup, my bet this is not going to be very important for us road racers but its cool to see form a development point of view. Sent the link to my buddies shop as he is up to the gills in supercharged cars asking for +1000rwhp. Its good for his business but not so good for the sport. Most of these owners go to illegal rolling races and am sure that it will reflect negatively on our legitimate sport. Sooner or later they will have a big accident and we will all get blamed for being reckless Toretto's

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
MH, You sound like the kid who just hit the gold mine!.......If this works out for you...get two!!!!!!!!!!!!!........I hope for the best for who ever jumps on this deal!!!!!!!!!!!
Nooo not me.... I belong to the un blown (up) crowd. this is more for the drag and street bragging types.. But still cool to see they have it. Am just fine with my 500rwhp thank you very much. Amazing to see so many cars with over 750 rwhp now.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
How about Godzilla?
There's a guy not far from me who'll put one of these engines in just about anything you bring him. Primarily trucks, but cars too.
For sure I think understeer is going to be worse.... :D

TMO Supporting Vendors