The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Suspension Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LateApex said:
Yes indeed - the Boss certainly isn't sloppy feeling or anything, but it could be tighter for sure.
There are some new front LCAs with bumpsteer and ball joints coming out soon from FRPP. I am waiting on them before doing the bushings.

I'm waiting for him to get tired of his new setup. I'll be here waiting on a slightly used suspension setup. And if not, when I get a little more experience. I'll just order the same one!
;D

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
2012YellowBoss said:
Waiting on some better pictures from this weekend but the springs made a difference. The brake dive was less for me even if it not bother me too much until I would see the pictures later. Still there was a little more dive then I thought. I was able to carry more speed into the turns and did not have the tendency to oversteer entering turns like I had before. Like Rick I still had some oversteer on the exits but nothing I could not manage.

Now getting the car on the trailer was a whole other story but there is not enough space on the web to write about that :mad: :( ::)

I will post up other pics when I get them.

What tire setup are you running? Square or staggered. It seems like the square setup is more prone to oversteer than keeping it staggered. I bought some enkei pf01's, 275 up front and 295 in the back. I haven't had a chance to take them to the track yet but I went with staggered to help limit the amount of oversteer. I know there are also a lot of other factors but I was curious what you are running, thanks.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
There are some new front LCAs with bumpsteer and ball joints coming out soon from FRPP. I am waiting on them before doing the bushings.

TELL ME MORE ABOUT THESE, I am a big fan of drop-in solutions.

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:

TELL ME MORE ABOUT THESE, I am a big fan of drop-in solutions.
You've got what I know for now. Sounded like a few weeks, not months. I'll update if I hear anything more.

JeffIsHereToo said:
Hey guys, I'm going to be at Lagna Saca Friday in the by area all week. Love to check out some of the mods in person if anyone's around!
Member Grant is going to be there and I think another member will be there after he attends BTA this week. I wish I had waited and gone there this weekend instead of last weekend. It should be much cooler there this weekend. Are you driving your car?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
You've got what I know for now. Sounded like a few weeks, not months. I'll update if I hear anything more.

Sounds good! Hopefully they are not another set of "boss springs"... :eek:

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:

Sounds good! Hopefully they are not another set of "boss springs"... :eek:
I don't think so. I think they have been approved and just need to finish their way through the system.

LateApex said:
Ha! A Porsche guy there asked me if I had a Mustang or a snow plow :mad:

Seriously Gary, I think I am getting basically your setup, with a few differences:

- the Stranoparts Adjustable Sways with adjustable End-Links - http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=871&CategoryID=200&ModelID=35

- the MM Adjustable Panhard Bar with spherical bearings - http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=329&CategoryID=208&ModelID=35

Plus, I want to look into bushings, to see if I can sharpen up the feel some more.

I like the idea of adjustable end (drop) links...which the only reason I didn't get the FRPP sways with the newer "302s" setup that many people are getting. I don't know about how effective they are on the mustangs, but coming from the mid-engined p-car world they were an absolute must...otherwise, the sway bars would bind up and become waay less effective.

Flyboygsxr said:
What tire setup are you running? Square or staggered. It seems like the square setup is more prone to oversteer than keeping it staggered. I bought some enkei pf01's, 275 up front and 295 in the back. I haven't had a chance to take them to the track yet but I went with staggered to help limit the amount of oversteer. I know there are also a lot of other factors but I was curious what you are running, thanks.

I was running the NT-05's 275/295 but I have been running the Hoosier (Conti) Gran Am takes offs. I actually have less over steer with the Hoosier 275 square setup then the NT-05 staggered. In any case I am no expert so don't judge what I am saying thinking it will work that way for all. Could just be my driving style, I use to track out more on the Nitto's. I think I have not put the slicks to full use yet by pushing them out of the corners.

Few more from last weekend. I'm not sure what to make of them, little more then expected but maybe I am learning to drive harder? There was much less roll and brake dive and the car did feel totally different.

I was able to get -3.1 camber on the left and at first we got -2.6 on the right side. We let it down and pushed the right side hard and got -2.85 there. I brought in the left side to the same -2.85 so they matched. If the right side was higher I would have just left it but did not feel right about more negative camber on the left at PBIR and Sebring.

ScreenHunter_01Jun202017.jpg
ScreenHunter_03Jun202018.jpg
ScreenHunter_04Jun202019.jpg
ScreenHunter_05Jun202019.jpg
ScreenHunter_06Jun202020.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors