The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford scraps 3 Row SUV and delays Tennessee EV Plant!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It comes as no surprise to many folks that the EV Market is not moving as fast as was originally forecast. The fact that change is a given, human nature means some happens slower than others and with Infrastructure growth appears to be a constant lag in the US, consumers are wary of getting something they can not charge on a whim. I have no doubt there will be more EVs in the future, but Ford has taken a step back , viewed the consumer sentiment and is forging ahead with new models but ones Hybrid based. For us old timers who read about new fuel saving devices in Popular Mechanics almost every decade, here is the technology to keep developing various ICE engines, along with companion devices to propel us down the road at a quick pace for even longer distances. I have argued with friends that Toyota got it right first, build more Hybrids and continue work on ICE improvements and I am pleased to see Ford follow suit.

I have enjoyed the continued innovation the Automotive Industry has developed over the years I was in the business and though I hear screams about the Government Involvement ( both Democratic or Republican ) the " Reality " is we have had some of the most interesting machines ever built over the past 4 decades. Time for us to stop bemoaning the fact that we don't like change, we need to pause, actually think rationally, and realize that the reality of life is change can be very beneficial ----- I know it is hard for human carbon based life forms to accept, but if we really view the benefits and exciting beasts in our garages we do have to face a truth.

Way to go Ford, keep progressing and I look forward to new advances along the way, it makes the trip more exciting and so much to look forward to.

Bill, you are so right about EV's becoming a part of our future motoring experience and also that their acceptance country/worldwide is not there right now.....Ct electric companies are adding a new fee to monthly bills to support building charging stations for all these EVs that are coming..............that's a slap in the face to all of us that like our gas powered cars....My Boss is screaming in the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................I could go on about this, but it's not racing.....................

Now if they'd start making the Fiesta ST again... Toyota brought out the Corolla GR just as Ford stopped selling the FiST in the US. How hard is it to certify the Euro model FiST for US sales? Maybe wait until the next Fiesta model refresh, add a mild hybrid system to the ST for even more performance boost, and bring that back to the States.

Meanwhile, I'll keep surfing AutoTrader for a used, low-mileage, unmolested FiST with Recaros and no moonroof.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel