The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 GLOC front pad manufacture part #

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have the part # on the outside of the box for the front pad of a GT350, it starts with GPM and then 4 numbers? Just received pads from OPMustang and put on the front but theres more pad than rotor. Looking at my old box which are just the street pad it says GPM1853-GS1, this box says GPM1835-R18. I am thinking it should say GPM1853-R18, but wanted to verify if someone had a box handy.

In the V6L
Anyone have the part # on the outside of the box for the front pad of a GT350, it starts with GPM and then 4 numbers? Just received pads from OPMustang and put on the front but theres more pad than rotor. Looking at my old box which are just the street pad it says GPM1853-GS1, this box says GPM1835-R18. I am thinking it should say GPM1853-R18, but wanted to verify if someone had a box handy.
The FMSI D1853 pad shape is the front GT350 pad. The FMSI D1835 pad shape is the Camaro ZL1 front pad. The Brembo calipers are very similar and the D1835's will install in the GT350 front caliper, but the pad is deeper than the D1853 and the friction material will hang off the inside of the friction ring. That's what it sounds like you're seeing.

You really shouldn't run them like that - returning them and getting the right ones would be best.

The FMSI D1853 pad shape is the front GT350 pad. The FMSI D1835 pad shape is the Camaro ZL1 front pad. The Brembo calipers are very similar and the D1835's will install in the GT350 front caliper, but the pad is deeper than the D1853 and the friction material will hang off the inside of the friction ring. That's what it sounds like you're seeing.

You really shouldn't run them like that - returning them and getting the right ones would be best.
Yea, that's exactly what I am seeing and didn't want to run them like that. Bad timing, only have a limited amount of days to prep for an event a couple weeks out so we will see if they can make it happen. I still have pad left on the old ones, but as you can see in the pics the outsides are flaking away so not sure how much more I can trust them.

thumbnail_IMG_0163.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Yea, that's exactly what I am seeing and didn't want to run them like that. Bad timing, only have a limited amount of days to prep for an event a couple weeks out so we will see if they can make it happen. I still have pad left on the old ones, but as you can see in the pics the outsides are flaking away so not sure how much more I can trust them.

View attachment 96651
I would not trust those even for the street to be honest. Time is tight & would see if OPMustang can hopefully make it right for you for your track event.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel