The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I think the delay in shipping and production is by "design".......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
I was reading the book on the Boss 302 that comes with the owners kit. I read something very interesting...Bunkie Knudsen was known for saying that if you make a man crave something he will go crazy wanting it. This was said in the context of building up the hype for the '69 Boss and it's availability.

I think they're still playing this game

Having read this I'm gonna "turn off" or "dial down" my GT350 meter until they start showing up where you can actually buy or order one. I'm not playing that game. Interesting, Jamal Hameedi is seen on an SVT video recently about the GT350 saying "now go buy one"

....Uh okay. Kinda hard to do when your not producing and shipping and just building hype and allowing dealers to tack on obscene ADMs. ::)

The obscene ADM situation sure to develope really has me turned off too. :mad:

You can believe that if you want but that’s not the reason for the delay in shipping the 137 2015 cars that were built in mid-July or the 2016 cars that were produced. There’s an issue with the cars that Ford has been addressing and we should see the cars any day now.

I had a direct conversation with Jim Owens about shipping the cars at the Track Tour event and he was very specific about following Ford’s typical procedures of holding new vehicles for quality checks and that period had passed. He expected the cars to ship “very soon” and led me to believe that was a week or so max. That was six weeks ago tomorrow. Many of those 137 cars are going to Ford execs or friends of Ford (FoF’s) and they all want their cars just as badly as the rest of us.

REAL 1

Rick: I hope you are right. I just think the delay has been inordinately long and not right to those who placed orders.

Ford found a way to deliver what they needed to deliver for 2015 to meet the historic production numbers of 1965. Was there any issue with those cars?

Anyway, the ADM situation is what really has me bummed.

REAL 1

Can anyone pm me info on a " right dealer" because they're certainly not around my area.

REAL 1 said:
Rick: I hope you are right. I just think the delay has been inordinately long and not right to those who placed orders.

Ford found a way to deliver what they needed to deliver for 2015 to meet the historic production numbers of 1965. Was there any issue with those cars?

Anyway, the ADM situation is what really has me bummed.

Based on what I can see, with the exception of the handful ordered by Ford Motor Company, Ford has not delivered any of the 2015 GT350's yet. The delay is quality related, and Ford will not ship until they are ready.

Ford makes the same on the cars whether the dealer marks it up or sells at a loss, don't they? The GT350 shares the assembly lines with "regular" Mustangs and other Ford vehicles. So over the winter they will have to give priority to the cars that actually make them money and are in demand at the time. Dealers won't want to sit on a GT350 for a whole winter I would imagine. Especially right before tax season.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel