The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ideas, Experiences and suggestions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't do as much track as I would like, but my car survives, relatively reasonable. Just like with driving on the track, no one is making you turn the power up to 11 to run it. My track day tune up for my 2nd gen 3L Whipple, uses the stock throttle body and limits torque in the lower rpm through third gear. If I want the power it is there, and quite frankly it is nice to have selectable power for tuning to a track. I watch engine temps and if things start getting hot I dial it back a step. I know it is crazy not to be using all the capability of the car, but in a way it is, it is using the most you can without excessive wear. When the tune is set up correctly you can drive 9/10ths without having to think about it. Cooling will be paramount. I have upgraded the water pump radiator, and oil cooler, I also have additional ducting behind my grill and a large water to air intercooler system.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel