The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

Which Color Wheel Would You Prefer

• Gloss Black

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Flat Graphite

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
VoodooBOSS said:
Both Moto and I have several sets of lug nuts to try and I already have the ARP studs mounted up front. We will post the info as soon as we our wheels. I have a couple of other sources for lug nuts that might fit including a recommendation from @JAJ for some GM OEM lug nuts that might work with the N4SM wheels.

The OEM GM open end M14x1.5 lug nuts are part number 9595174. They're 1" or 25.4mm diameter at the top of the cone, 20mm threaded length, 22mm across the flats and designed for 140 ft-lbs according to the Chevy owners manual I looked at.

Looking good. My wheels arrive today and my Cup 2's on Friday.

VoodooBOSS said:
It's the lack of offset on the fronts. See my comments about the spacers I'm going to use.

Mine arrived safely. :)

5A51E8E0-FC46-465E-8FCE-BF4B939DB0FF_zps9qmbtqno.jpg

Those sure do look pretty Rick! Hopefully you can get them mounted up this weekend.

VoodooBOSS said:
It's the lack of offset on the fronts. See my comments about the spacers I'm going to use.

Mine arrived safely. :)

5A51E8E0-FC46-465E-8FCE-BF4B939DB0FF_zps9qmbtqno.jpg

So you ended up going with four of the same wheels so you can rotate front to rear? I'm curious what your 19x11s weigh with the rear spec offset?

Got my Cup2s mounted today. The wheels are really nice and the finish is OEM quality. Have a look:

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

CSL said:
Got my Cup2s mounted today. The wheels are really nice and the finish is OEM quality. Have a look:
So you did buy a set, they look fantastic on your car. I'm very pleased with the finish of the wheels and the satin has a nice sheen to it. It's a nice balance between a gloss and matte finish and should be easy to clean.

CrossBoss, most of us are buying the 19" for our 350's but I can't imagine the 20" won't clear the 15" Brembos.

VoodooBOSS said:
So you did buy a set, they look fantastic on your car. I'm very pleased with the finish of the wheels and the satin has a nice sheen to it. It's a nice balance between a gloss and matte finish and should be easy to clean.

CrossBoss, most of us are buying the 19" for our 350's but I can't imagine the 20" won't clear the 15" Brembos.

Yup, I was in from the beginning. Overall I'm very pleased with them. Although the fronts came in a bit heavier than anticipated, there really is great bang for the buck with these wheels.....and they look fantastic!

Re: Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

JAJ said:
The OEM GM open end M14x1.5 lug nuts are part number 9595174. They're 1" or 25.4mm diameter at the top of the cone, 20mm threaded length, 22mm across the flats and designed for 140 ft-lbs according to the Chevy owners manual I looked at.
I would get these if they are actually 21mm hex? A 21mm thin wall socket will work. I haven't seen a 22mm socket that would be small enough.

VoodooBOSS said:

I figure they should be ok but I forgot to tell Paul that I'm using the GT 500 brakes when I ordered them. It would be my luck that the 19s work and the 20's don't. I have several sets of 19's so I wanted to step up to 20's with the 15" Brembos.

Re: Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

CSL said:
Yup, I was in from the beginning. Overall I'm very pleased with them. Although the fronts came in a bit heavier than anticipated, there really is great bang for the buck with these wheels.....and they look fantastic!
This brings up a point I want to make:

I want to thank Edgar and Paul @Need4SpeedMotors for listening to the GT350 owners and bringing the R spec wheels to market. We are very lucky to have a small business owner willing to take a chance and make a niche wheel. @cloud9 gets most of the credit but when we saw their other R like wheel offerings we immediately approached them about making the R spec wheels. It was refreshing to hear "we might be able to do that, let me ask the engineers" instead of no. Within days we had a green light that they would make the wheel!

For perspective I've been talking to a much larger company that specializes in BMW wheels for track and street. About two years ago they began offering 18" wheels with S197 fitment. I immediately contacted them about making a 18x10.5" wheel for the S197 since they already offer that size wheel for the BMW. Needless to say we still don't have that wheel.

Moto said:
I would get these if they are actually 21mm hex? A 21mm thin wall socket will work. I haven't seen a 22mm socket that would be small enough.
Good catch, I didn't even think of that! My 22mm socket will not fit inside the lug hole, it's not even close.

I got mine yesterday :) Once I get the car back I check fitment and then grab some tires and check those. I think I am going to run 305's on the front and 315s on the rear like all of you guys and see if they work.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel