The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Welcome!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hi there. My name is Chris and I'm here to learn from everyone's successes, failures, and experiences! Hopefully more successes than failures...
Welcome!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Hello to all. Please provide feedback on my build thread.

I am, to say the least, new to the road course/tracking a car. I bought a 2019 Mustang GT PP1 over a year ago because I simply feel in love with the look of the car and how it carries itself. The PP1 was just a bonus. I live near a drag strip and have done 6 passes, and did a track attack at the nearest track and was amazed at the handling and power of the car at speed. I felt the car belonged there and I simply enjoyed it way more than 12 seconds of sending it. My priorities are to get set time and learn how to track a car. Please judge my wheels and tires for the track, they are staggered. I do know that a squared set up is recommended, but I also will be driving on the street more than tracking at the moment. But please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.
I love the car name…welcome!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hi all, my name is Javier and I've just started tracking my car in HPDE event for the last year or so, after too much time only thinking about it!
I'm hoping I will learn from all of you, and hopefully end knowing a bit more about Mustangs and track events.
Welcome!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Javier,

There are plenty of TMO members in California so you might want to go to the " Build Thread " and list your Mustang. We all like to see other's Stangs and it might help a fellow member recognize you at a track/autocross event or even a Cars and Coffee. Welcome to the best Track Forum around!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Hi all, my name is Javier and I've just started tracking my car in HPDE event for the last year or so, after too much time only thinking about it!
I'm hoping I will learn from all of you, and hopefully end knowing a bit more about Mustangs and track events.
Welcome to the forum. There are many great TMO California track guys who can help you get settled in the sport. Fabman and flyhalf, (Sal and Alesandro) are two of the best who drive Willow Springs, Sonoma and Laguna Seca. Let us know what you plan on working on first before you buy parts, may save you a few $$$ not doing things twice or three times.
Steve

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
what HPDE groups are you going with?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Jose, CA
Welcome to the forum. There are many great TMO California track guys who can help you get settled in the sport. Fabman and flyhalf, (Sal and Alesandro) are two of the best who drive Willow Springs, Sonoma and Laguna Seca. Let us know what you plan on working on first before you buy parts, may save you a few $$$ not doing things twice or three times.
Steve
Thanks! I definitely need advice for parts, lol.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I'm going with HOD in B group. I've done Laguna Seca, Sonoma, and Thunderhill(3 mile) 3-4 times each. Also did Buttonwillow last month. Looking forward to try with other clubs as well.
Check out NCRC, Speed SF and OnGrid also. Ongrid is consistently the least expensive group and they run a good program.
I'm shooting for the race group NCRC at Thunderhill east on August 26/27 and also NASA at Sonoma August 19/20 if I am ready on time.
Both have Race groups and HPDE as well. Stop by and say hi if you go.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I'm going with HOD in B group. I've done Laguna Seca, Sonoma, and Thunderhill(3 mile) 3-4 times each. Also did Buttonwillow last month. Looking forward to try with other clubs as well.
@flyhalf is the s550 expert, I'm an old skool stick axle s197 guy.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada,

have been racing cars and motorcycles most of my adult life, do most of my own fabrication and maintenance, currently have an 86 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatch that I am continually modifying for track days fun.

Be happy.
Welcome!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Hello from Pickering Ontario Canada,

have been racing cars and motorcycles most of my adult life, do most of my own fabrication and maintenance, currently have an 86 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatch that I am continually modifying for track days fun.

Be happy.
Welcome

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel