The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Microlon oil treatments?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason said:
My dad is trying to get me to put this stuff in my BOSS and I told him to pound sand. But I would like to know if anyone has any impressions of it or actual studies to say it does what it says.

Looks like another PTFE product (remember Slick 50?). Dubious benefits at best, can cause engine damage over time at worst. Ford and other OEMs generally recommend against these types of oil additives. Avoid.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
GottaBoss said:
I have a great opportunity for you. Send me $100 and I'll let you know what it is.

I have the same offer for your Dad. Can you send him my paypal info? ;) ;) ;)

Juuuust kidding!!

I always find it funny when the Son has more common sense than Dad. :eek:

It's funny because he has the dealer who he bought his 5.0 F-150 going to put it in for him. I tried to tell him that it wont do anything beneficial, but hes old school and he believes in it. I used to put Zmax in my truck because Mr Shelby himself said it works. lol I too only use Amsoil in my BOSS and thats it.

TMO Supporting Vendors