The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Sep

Mustang Roundup XIV & Fast Fords

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It was so crazy to see 6 Grabber Blue Mustangs in one spot when it is such a rare color overall. Great car show at the event and there were some spectacular machines from around the surrounding States.

I made it out there with my '08 Bullitt, but didn't enter the show. While it was a pretty small number of cars, the quality was pretty spectacular. Both of these Bosses were also original, unrestored cars. There was also a '71 Mach 1 there that was an original unrestored car. I think Grabber Blue was definitely the color of the event. The Continental was actually a '64. It was really nice, too. I finally got to meet Bill and had a good conversation with him. I'll try to get out there next year and get some laps in. There was plenty of space to run, and some pretty nice machinery out there.
PXL_20240914_151633889.jpg

MPH has alot of space to run and a screw up usually just means a run into the alfalfa - agricultural racing at its finest. Four wheels off would earn you a prestigious F.A.R.T. sticker ( Ford Alfalfa Racing Team ) , and somehow I failed to give one to Robt. Miller when he went flying into a sand trap during the " King of the Hill " competition. Mr. MIller , I owe you a couple of F.A.R.T. stickers if you read this?

Todd Soderquist ( Ford Performance Engineer ) brought the actual pace car from the Nascar Chicago Street race and the fun item was he would run around the track with his lights all flashing.

IMG_2174.jpg

As some of you asked, I shared some videos over in the Track Videos section.

It was a fun weekend as they always are, so ALOT of track time this year, an event everyone should attend every year. There potentially could be up to 3 GTD's next year so that will be nice to see and who knows what other surprises there may be being the 15th anniversary.

More rumors already that the 15th Anniversary could see a few very serious Ford Race Cars ---- not going to leak anymore than that.

Reggie was ripping it up and I got to take a ride with him, the youngster is fast and he knows how to use the whoa pedal as much as the loud pedal. He took his virtually stock GT350 Heritage Edition that he got from Woodhouse Ford of Omaha ( Woodhouse Ford Stores have sponsored the event since it's inception ) to the second fastest time in two of the track disciplines and first in another. That was over a S550 race car with a massaged Aluminator , though both were running slicks. Reggie had a used set of the Michelins from the Mustang Challenge Series. I figured he probably got a set that Nick Smither ran on since they seemed to be a set of lucky rubber, ha!

He even acquired a couple of nicknames, one being Reggie the " Assassin " and I dubbed him the " MAC Attack !" Mr. McCullough did a great job showing that a GT 350 was super quick right out of the box with minimal changes -- what a great job from those Blue Oval Performance Engineers!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel