The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Re: Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

seca954 said:
Thanks for the link. I'll read it tonight. I've installed a procharger on a 94 and a vortech on a 93. I'm intimidated by all the technology and lack of a distributor on this motor. To be honest I bought the Boss intending to install a blower, but it drives so darn good as is, I haven't been able to make myself do it.
if you installed those you should have no problem with a newer kit

Re: Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

Justin said:
lol ok good practice for me when I get mine

Deal

Too bad your not in florida any longer.....atleast you will know your way around when you come down for my install. LOL

Update:

Car is still at the shop. Unfortunately, a few other hiccups with the BAP not producing enough voltage has caused the car to shut off after 10 seconds. Fuel pressure holds at 62psi then drops to 0. The guys at Injected are working hard to clear up the issue (which I'm sure they are extremely capable of doing). Vortech is telling the shop they have installed it correctly. Voltage is 8-9v. Any thoughts on what it could be? I'm guessing it's something to do with the wiring.

Due to all the issues my car has had since the drop off, it has pushed their schedule back on other cars in their line-up. At best they said I would get her back mid to late next week. Keep you all updated. Out for now....

My heart goes out to you on this. I'd be a zombie, sleepless nights, nausea, aggravation.....damn that's almost how I felt when I was married....ugh

Best of luck brother,
Dave

KonaBlue302 said:
My heart goes out to you on this. I'd be a zombie, sleepless nights, nausea, aggravation.....damn that's almost how I felt when I was married....ugh

Best of luck brother,
Dave

Thanks Dave, it's been rough but knowing the car is in good hands has made it easier to sleep and I can also concentrate on work for once.

Wanted to compare the graphs from both shops. MTI showing first and Injected's below. Note: Injected informed me this graph was from last weeks dyno pull before they fixed the BAP issue and a spark plug blow. They have since fixed the BAP voltage issue (which was just a wiring problem) and have since installed colder plugs.

The car is on the dyno as we speak and should give some better numbers. I'll post the new chart as soon as I have it. Hopefully I'll have some video too. Again, MTI claimed they did everything correct on the install and there weren't any problems/leaks or issues they could find after their techs spent hours re-hashing everything over. I found out they never installed the BAP at all and several hoses and clamps were not assembled correctly.

MTI GRAPH
10597376055_8bcb40be95_o.jpg

INJECTED ENGINEERING GRAPH
10597398704_2e0d10728c_o.jpg

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I have almost as much rwtq with my gt intake'd boss engine as the MTI dyno shows! that's messed up!

a good shop makes all the difference!

On the dyno today....had to jack the car up to tighten the clamp around the tube. Is this the hot side tube? Maybe I need a T-bolt upgrade? Not sure yet but was told usually you only need that upgrade running high boost. We'll see....

10610681214_ea7038ec2a_c.jpg

10610713134_ba134e1532_c.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
No "hot side" per-se on a Supercharger. Looks like the inlet or outlet of the intercooler. Not surprising that blew off considering the other stories in here :)

ArizonaGT said:
No "hot side" per-se on a Supercharger. Looks like the inlet or outlet of the intercooler. Not surprising that blew off considering the other stories in here :)

yea you're right...what was I thinking... Hot side is made of steel right? Anyway, they just need to clamp it down super tight and it should be good to go. Pick up scheduled for tomorrow. Just in time for Caffeine and Octane. :)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
hot side is after the the supercharger cold side would be the inlet tube to the super charger. thats what I think you are referring to.

and yes up grade to t-bolt clamps. trust me I would pop joints constantly on my cobra with the vortech on it. wish I could remember where I got the t-bolt clamps but once I got those not more popping hoses.

yankeehick said:
yea you're right...what was I thinking... Hot side is made of steel right? Anyway, they just need to clamp it down super tight and it should be good to go. Pick up scheduled for tomorrow. Just in time for Caffeine and Octane. :)

Another easy fix is to install two hose clamps on each joint. That worked for me in the past. I have a diesel powered boat that uses T clamps. Even it uses two at each joint.

Justin said:
hot side is after the the supercharger cold side would be the inlet tube to the super charger. thats what I think you are referring to.

and yes up grade to t-bolt clamps. trust me I would pop joints constantly on my cobra with the vortech on it. wish I could remember where I got the t-bolt clamps but once I got those not more popping hoses.

T clamps should be available at a marine supply store.

Update:

Well...I thought today was the day I would get her back. Who am I kidding right? This is technically the fourth or fifth time I have expected it to be done yet again there are more issues - this time totally unexpected and completely out of the ordinary. Is the car cursed? Is the kit faulty? Am I cursed? The saga continues....

The dyno pulls yesterday showed a consistent loss of power at high RPM. They have tried just about everything to figure it out and are left with only a couple of outs. The consensus at the shop and with Team Lund is that there could be a catalytic issue. They are thinking the cats are fried or possibly have shifted which could be causing an exhaust back pressure (maybe this is why the cold side tube has been popping off). They are thinking the next step is to run a back pressure test on the dyno and/or take off the midpipe and examine the catalyst bricks. Who needs cats anyway. If they are damaged, I'll just take them out all together and maybe purchase an off road x pipe. I don't even want to know where I am at with cost on all of this. I'm going up to the shop this afternoon to discuss next steps and see what the damage is. She's been on the dyno a total of 10.41 hours three separate times and this doesn't include all of the labor/testing or any additional parts I'm going to need. The rough number in my head is now totaling $5-6K between both shops....that's what I paid for the supercharger alone. FML!!!

What I am asking myself is how can the cats be done on a brand new boss with only 5K miles? I've been told that this has happened on a new GT500 with only 500 miles and it's just the luck of the draw.

Out of my meeting with Injected and first step (on Tuesday next week) will be to inspect the cats. If they are damaged, I'll most likely be going with a set of magnaflow high-flow cats which should get things flowing and hopefully that will help increase these "low" hp numbers we're making and fix the lean issue we're having at high rpm. Everyone agrees that the car should be easily over 600 rwhp and they've taken the s/c apart three times (on the intake side). All clamps are good to go so no more tubes popping I was told.

At this point, it's not about chasing hp numbers. If I get more due to a back pressure issue and after installing the high-flow cats so be it. If not, I'll be happy as long as the car is drivable, the current cats aren't damaged and it doesn't run so lean on top. Will keep you posted....

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Man this is like watching one of those mini-series on tv. They keep you in suspense until next weeks episode. Surely your patience will be rewarded with one smokn ride.
Keep fighting the good fight !

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel