The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Red Comet Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome and curious what track your car is pictured at , since another view shows a banner about Detroit. Thanks for posting and I do hope you make it out to Pittsburg International Raceway ( PittRace ) sometime this year.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pennsylvania
Welcome and curious what track your car is pictured at , since another view shows a banner about Detroit. Thanks for posting and I do hope you make it out to Pittsburg International Raceway ( PittRace ) sometime this year.
Hi Bill, thanks and the track pic was taken at NJMP Thunderbolt a few weeks ago. First track event ever for me and it was an absolute blast so it will not be the last. I lurked on this forum a bunch while prepping my car and figured I should start contributing now that I’ve started my track driving journey.

The Detroit pic was from the Stampede Ford held the other year for the 7th gen reveal. It’s a bit of a story but I ended up in the main parade from Fords HQ into the city and got to park with the VIP cars right outside the event. C&D took that pic and used it as the cover photo for their story and I have to laugh that my car just barely made it into C&D.

My time is split between Philly and upstate NY so Pitt is definitely on my radar. If there are any groups you can recommend who run HPDE events there let me know because I’d be game to make the drive out sometime.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would check into the NASA and SCCA Regions that run in your area, but TMO is a great place to look for events since often some of the members meet at different tracks in their area to run together --- might be something like Chin or other track event promoters . Cool story and fun to tell folks your car has been in Car and Driver.

TMO Supporting Vendors