The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 5.2L Aluminator X2 - Anyone done it yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Washington
I'm curious if anyone has dropped the M-6007-A52XS into their S550? I have a 16' GT and was thinking this could be a great change for making my mustang more fun at the track :) Just looking for any feedback on the level of effort required to get this done. Feels like a better deal than going and buying another car

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
I guess it all depends, the cost increase is factor over your current engine. I believe a crate coyote is thousands cheaper...if your willing to pay the difference I don't think you can go wrong with the 5.2 XS. If I were in need of an engine even with my current 5.2 FPC I wouldn't hesitate to make the the switch to a 5.2 CPC just for reliability. The extra HP/TQ of the 5.2 XS is a bonus as my priority is reliable track time.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Washington
I guess it all depends, the cost increase is factor over your current engine. I believe a crate coyote is thousands cheaper...if your willing to pay the difference I don't think you can go wrong with the 5.2 XS. If I were in need of an engine even with my current 5.2 FPC I wouldn't hesitate to make the the switch to a 5.2 CPC just for reliability. The extra HP/TQ of the 5.2 XS is a bonus as my priority is reliable track time.
Based on all the component improvements on the XS, I assume it is going to have the highest reliability on track, or are there others in the bin that have been found to be more reliable? Reliability is high on my list as well. My gen2 only has 24k miles and 30 hours of track time, so definitely still young. Just considering the what if decisions

TMO Supporting Vendors