The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Time

steveespo said:
Anyway enjoy, I did.
Steve

Good job Steve. Enjoyed the video.

gozilla.png

Nice work reeling him in Steve 8) Black flagged for db level? WTF????? You need to move out here to cowboy country ;) There will be no need for short shifting at RA :D

steveespo said:
Yeah every year it seems they drop the allowable sound level a db. Used to be 90 now 86. I now have to have a few hours before I go there to swap GT 500 axle backs on. At VIR and RA I will be running Corsas and NO cats.
Steve
That makes two of us 8)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

NFSBOSS said:
Hey take it easy on the GT-R. That thing weighs just as much as a GT 500. ;)

Nice driving Steve. What is your rev limiter set at?
Thanks Rick. Rev limit is 7500 of course, I drive my BAUS 302........Flat Out. I usually run to 7400 on the main straight which is 122 mph in 4th and upshift to 5th just before the start/finish line, yesterday I had to shift at 6500 500 feet before the line to keep the noise police of my back. Just killed my top speed. I tried to roll deeper into the brake zone to make up time but only so much deeper I could go with out scaring myself, need to get the David Hobbs "Larger Attachments" mod ;D
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Very smooth! Not sure how that line through the lefthander works for you but it does. But I will bust your stones tomorrow about braking in the downhill! ;D

Finally got some track time last weekend! It was only one session, but it was nice to have everything working. So far, racing this year has sucked. We have had four race weekends, I missed the first, only finished 2 races in the second weekend, same with the third and I was broken for the fourth. It was all relatively minor stuff, but it was enough to keep me off track. But now I'm back ;D

This was only going to be a shake down session but then I pushed it and ran my 2nd best time, then a vette came out so I had to keep going.
my only problem was I started out with too much pressure in my tires and got them too hot. Oh well, still had fun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvvJXkjiirs[/youtube]

I was out at Thunderhill with Hooked on Driving on Friday. Nice turnout and temps hit 90+. It was the first time seeing coolant temp in the high 220's and CHT in the high 230's. Nothing alarming for most of you but the highest I've ever had. My CJ grille lets a lot of air flow through the radiator and the track is only a couple of hundred feet above sea level. For you Audi fans the Golden Gate Audi Club was there certifying instructors and they had the track for Saturday. Lots of nice Audi's running around with at least 4 R8's although most of them were V8's. There was a 2013 LS there and it belongs to one of the instructors and I gave him a ride during the last session. Hopefully he'll be a member here soon.

IMG_2408_zps78c3cae3.jpg

GT2 with more Audi's in the background

IMG_2409_zps3d49b8c0.jpg

A really nice 1985 Fox body with IRS. He was on my tail all day.

IMG_2410_zps365bdb71.jpg

This guy knows how to roll.

IMG_2414_zpsd1875e79.jpg

Photos from Sonoma Raceway on Sat. May 25th. You can get an idea of the elevation change from the first couple of photos. Third is exiting the s's. Hitting turn 1 at speed and heading into turn 2 is my favorite stretch of any of the tracks I've driven and IMO is more fun than the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. ;D

How about some photos from VIR this past weekend?

NIC_2824-05-25_zps91275c38.jpg
NIC_3063-05-25_zps53a10472.jpg
NIC_0999-05-25_zpsf065457f.jpg
IMG_1032_zps36398680.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3FG6s351f4[/youtube]

Couple of laps at Sebring before a slave cylinder failed. Was only three tenths from getting under the 2:30 mark, pretty sure I would have this weekend if not for the failure.

YellowBoss said:
Couple of laps at Sebring before a slave cylinder failed. Was only three tenths from getting under the 2:30 mark, pretty sure I would have this weekend if not for the failure.

You seem to have the greatest luck with transmission parts! If its the same as in the GT500, I have one in my garage that was working when I removed it. If you want it pm me an offer. New I think they were like 250 bucks or something.

jas427

BOSS LS #469

Looks good sorry you had problems. I guess you know what issues I had spinning in turn 17 is not much fun, OH thanks for finding your way around me. I will leave more room next time. I know you must have a video of me sitting under the bridge. I sure would like a copy. And would love for you to post it on your youtube site.
Thanks Scott you inspire all of us BOSS owners to push the limits.

John Strauss

Zquez said:
You seem to have the greatest luck with transmission parts! If its the same as in the GT500, I have one in my garage that was working when I removed it. If you want it pm me an offer. New I think they were like 250 bucks or something.

I am working on making sure I am useing the correct part. I thought they were also around $250 also but called Tousley today and they are $130. I had one I got from Rehagan for only $100 when I bought the clutch. Thought it was a killer deal, turns out it was a good deal but not killer.

I called a friend about the failure that knows a lot before we pulled the trans. He told me I could be boiling the fluid because of riding the clutch pedal or even something like the the clutch master cylinder going bad besides the slave being bad. He says the masters do go bad and thought they were cheap, like $50 or so, turns out they are $120 from Tousley. If it was $50 I was going to swap it out anyway with the slave but decided after looking at the slave in the car it was the problem and no need to change the master right now.

Nice work out there John and Scott....You guys both make me want to go faster!!

Here's my best lap...2.35..on Hoosiers

[youtube]http://youtu.be/VTEHriB33Xo[/youtube]

thebull said:
Nice work out there John and Scott....You guys both make me want to go faster!!

Here's my best lap...2.35..on Hoosiers

2:35 is a fast time at Sebring! It took me a while to get there.

FWIW and I am no expert, just trying to help, you can turn in earlier at most places. You were looking good at turn one and the S turns. Then a little late at the hairpin. You were late on 10 and 13, the easy way to do these is turn in at the asphalt to concrete transition. On 13 it looks like you were early but you were in the middle of the track and made the hard turn too late. Same with 15 ( I know it's hard to do but the car will stick through Bishop's with the Hoosier so foot to the floor in fourth gear ;D).

16 was OK but just a little wide and late for me. Put the passenger seat on the line between the asphalt and concrete going in there and then just clip the curbing there, you can see where the rubber build up is and the marks where you track out to the other curbing.

17 is tough and they changed that turn quite a bit. You went in great, passenger mirror scraping on the wall but then go straight until the middle of the turn. Turn in at that point and make a double apex of the second half. Some say I get too close on the second one by the grass but if I hit it right I am full power on the gas at that point. Then you can use the whole width that is there heading on to the front straight. You should be up along the wall on the left as you exit 17.

Hope that helps, you look good just a little refining and I will be chasing you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS14aIsAWcM[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel