The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Full race #3 video NASA Great Lakes Sunday May 26. 21 Car led its first race for a bit but I allowed slow traffic to jam me up while my competitor in the Black 911 used better racecraft to get around and hold me off. Green Camaro racing out of class would not yield, guess he was having too much fun.
MID OHIO
5/26/24 PRO CRSE TOP SPEED 13580/75/8859/51/77
125​
58/57/7254/49/6956/52/6875/81
67​
59/68/8393/72/8252/52/69
1:39:17​
STEVE TOP SPEED 14292/82/9246/48/71
132​
74/64/7458/51/7867/57/6372/86
68​
70/62/739876/8864/53/69
1:35:59​

Been tracking data like this for some time. Really nice lap Steve. It shows I need to push more and carry more speed into the corners. You do a nice job of that.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Full race #3 video NASA Great Lakes Sunday May 26. 21 Car led its first race for a bit but I allowed slow traffic to jam me up while my competitor in the Black 911 used better racecraft to get around and hold me off. Green Camaro racing out of class would not yield, guess he was having too much fun.
It looks like the green camaro was friends with the Black 911. He was doing him a big favor holding you up.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
It looks like the green camaro was friends with the Black 911. He was doing him a big favor holding you up.
Hope that isn't the case. I think he just needed someone to play with because he had no one in his class near him. Honestly I probably burned the 1 gallon extra of gas trying to get around him that would have kept me at legal weight too. That's racing though.

Man, those CMC guys at times…

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Got a note from the driver of the Green Camaro in AI. He apologized saying he didn't realize that I was racing with the 911 and he would be more aware of the classes at the next race. It was nice to hear and all is forgiven. The CMC guys are mostly good to run with in Great Lakes, but as you see some just don't like to give way.
Steve

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Only time I ever had a garmin catalyst in the car. Instructor wanted to see data as this was my first time at Mid-Ohio. There was a passing drill in the beginning of session. As the regular HPDE3 started, I could not gain any momentum as my “old” track driving habits pointed other drivers by as I felt they were faster than me. I wasn’t going for any timed lap but that data is a metric that can be used for overall performance.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I am now an international track day guy!

Here is my first session that actually recorded. Sessions fell short for reasons.... but 7 short sessions made for a good day nonetheless.

I went out in my last session not sure I could go faster. But I did! Here is that session, with only traffic making me dip over 1:40, and the low fuel warnings making me think I should just pit and go home

If you just want the fast lap...

And then we went over to Montreal and checked out Gilles Villeneueve.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
That is a very good lap at Mosport for a V6 auto. Well done! But you really need a V8 for Mosport, you're on the gas there so much. The back straight with a manual GT nets 145 mph when you pop up over the hill and under the bridge, with 3.73s you're out of revs in 5th gear. My '16 GT produced 1.33s there on AR1s. I don't know how you got that auto to survive the heat there. Lotsa cooling? I had to have cooling on the MT82 in that car on that track, can't imagine how the auto stood up to it. What tires were you on?

I raced on the Montreal GP track in 1992-93. The config was slightly different than now, but not much. It really is just 5 chicanes connected by short straights, which tends to produce bumper car racing on Lap 1 and again late in the race as the brakes disappear. By the end of lap 1 both ends of the car were severely shortened, but it survived. Thankfully, I was driving another guy's car! Not really a good drivers track, it just happens to be in the middle of almost 2 million people in a province that the federal government dumps billions of dollars into. We ran immediately before the GP, so the joint was packed, never raced in front of so many people as on that day. Bummer that you couldn't get on the track with the car even just for a slow lap.

Too bad you didn't hit Mont Tremblant when you were in the neighbourhood, it is a much better track than Montreal and it also was a Grand Prix track, you could have added 2 GP tracks to your list in one trip! Not quite as fast as Mosport but damn close and a very interesting track in the Laurentians, a great area to visit.

Another trip to hit Calabogie which is just outside Ottawa, then cross over the river to run Tremblant and then swing east to run Atlantic Motorsports Park in Nova Scotia?

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
That is a very good lap at Mosport for a V6 auto. Well done! But you really need a V8 for Mosport, you're on the gas there so much. The back straight with a manual GT nets 145 mph when you pop up over the hill and under the bridge, with 3.73s you're out of revs in 5th gear. My '16 GT produced 1.33s there on AR1s. I don't know how you got that auto to survive the heat there. Lotsa cooling? I had to have cooling on the MT82 in that car on that track, can't imagine how the auto stood up to it. What tires were you on?

I raced on the Montreal GP track in 1992-93. The config was slightly different than now, but not much. It really is just 5 chicanes connected by short straights, which tends to produce bumper car racing on Lap 1 and again late in the race as the brakes disappear. By the end of lap 1 both ends of the car were severely shortened, but it survived. Thankfully, I was driving another guy's car! Not really a good drivers track, it just happens to be in the middle of almost 2 million people in a province that the federal government dumps billions of dollars into. We ran immediately before the GP, so the joint was packed, never raced in front of so many people as on that day. Bummer that you couldn't get on the track with the car even just for a slow lap.

Too bad you didn't hit Mont Tremblant when you were in the neighbourhood, it is a much better track than Montreal and it also was a Grand Prix track, you could have added 2 GP tracks to your list in one trip! Not quite as fast as Mosport but damn close and a very interesting track in the Laurentians, a great area to visit.

Another trip to hit Calabogie which is just outside Ottawa, then cross over the river to run Tremblant and then swing east to run Atlantic Motorsports Park in Nova Scotia?
The video is literally me driving Gilles Villeneuve at 20 miles per hour. :)

Mont Tremblant isnt on my radar, but I did check and see it was having a track day the same Monday I was at Mosport. I drove by the sign of for Calaboga on the TransCanada driving to Montreal.

We took a slow lap of Montreal, then rented bikes to check it out slower. Its so much tighter than I realized. I also realized it would probably be impossible to have a standard HPDE there..... 😞

The 6R80 came with an independent oil cooler in front of the radiator. Its got the same hood as a GT and a Boss 302 R grill to allow air cooling... its hotter in Georgia and North Carolina. VIR and Road Atlanta, hell even Roebling Road have similar average speeds and it just takes it. Slower tracks with a lot of brake zones amd short straights are the worst. Sebring is probably the toughest

TMO Supporting Vendors