The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEye

You can't get there from here...
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Swiss Boss said:
Received my new battery.
That thing is super light. Can't wait to try it out.

Wow 3 1/2 pounds, that certainly is less than the current Boat anchor !
As long as you didn't have to start the car several time, it should be good for "running"

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Received an SCT X4 Tuner with 2 AED Tunes. I think I'll read the instructions before I plug this in to my Boss, and you all know how we hate reading instructions!

302 HP

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

The FakeR was recognized as "Uncle Billy's car" by Billy Johnson's niece and brother in law today. Was nice of them to stop and talk to me. :)

When he drove #158 in '14:
5980404.jpg
3963262.jpg

four-walling said:
...pissed, moaned and grumbled but cleaned the inside rear window.

...should be good for another year...
LOL. Try that with a roll bar installed. ::)

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

VooDooBOSS said:
LOL. Try that with a roll bar installed. ::)

If I had a young son like yours living at home, his place setting at the dinner table would consist of a bottle of Windex and paper towels, LOL.

:)

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Fomoco302 said:
I've had the same dirty spot back there for three years!

That rear window is a bear to get clean. Would be cool if they made the darn thing easily removable to be cleaned and replaced. Okay, I'm being silly now.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX

Added my tiger hood and pins and now have to replace the strut mounts with steeda heavy duty mounts.

Finally made it all the way through this tread! That took a long time. Lots of good info.

I cleaned the interior over the weekend, not the rear window, and upgraded the sync to 4.4.

Waiting on my buddy who has a tire machine to mount my winter tires on 2015 GT take-offs.

JTG said:
...I cleaned the interior over the weekend, not the rear window, and upgraded the sync to 4.4...
So how did you get the Sync upgrade to take??? I've tried and failed several times. I hear there's some hidden menu option that is not listed in the instructions, but I've been unable to find it.

Since adding my carbon fiber spoiler and Saleen wheels(page 169),today I installed the MBRP RACE SERIES cat back 3" exhaust.Fantastic sound.Deep and ballsy, not too loud with no raspy-pops ect.Real vintage big block muscle car sound.Built in U.S, excellent quality and priced below overpriced axle back mufflers.Very happy.

Fiddler49 said:
So how did you get the Sync upgrade to take??? I've tried and failed several times. I hear there's some hidden menu option that is not listed in the instructions, but I've been unable to find it.

You're right, the instructions only got me started. I had to poke around through the advanced menu until I found the "Install Applications" prompt. I'll see if I can document the steps and post them up.

I made a thread for updating your version of Sync in the How-to section.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10409.0

34d178c_b_077491f6b26403a873aeafad1762b9a516dfbaec.jpg

I know it doesn't look like much but I can't help but look at the car and smile. I don't think I have seen it look this well complete since October or November of last year. Unfortunately the bumper is coming back off again tomorrow.

TMO Supporting Vendors