The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally installed hood pins. Easy peazy, <2 hours all in. Even removing/ replacing the grill was not as hard as I remembered. Cutouts on the radiator cover aren't my best Dremel work, but good enough.
I screwed mine up.. didn't rivet them, i screwed em and its a very ugly screw job from the underside. Note the hood has two layers and the thickness varies in that area.

Ahh Fabman! i thought nobody would even notice...fronts are only 350. i started at 600 400 then tried everything down to 325 125. My main focus was i wanted a bit of body roll and i also wanted the frequencies of the springs to be damn near perfect and they pretty much are there now. 375 175 may have been a bit better but it didn't body roll enough to pull that left front wheel! :)
I notice. 😉

That looks like a really smooth and nice power curve. Are you unhappy with the numbers? Do you have a baseline from before it was tuned? Since every dyno will give different numbers, it's hard to say whether the power figures are high or low for your car.
Unfortunately, no pre-tune Dyno pull. The graph is with an AED tune. We’ve been chasing some spark knock from the beginning though. Shaun commented the numbers were pretty low. And this was with 5 gallons of 101 mixed in with 91. With each pull, I recorded a log; first run showed some knock.

Power is linear for sure. Looks like injectors snd E85 are in my future, which should alleviate the KR.

Unfortunately, no pre-tune Dyno pull. The graph is with an AED tune. We’ve been chasing some spark knock from the beginning though. Shaun commented the numbers were pretty low. And this was with 5 gallons of 101 mixed in with 91. With each pull, I recorded a log; first run showed some knock.

Power is linear for sure. Looks like injectors snd E85 are in my future, which should alleviate the KR.
False knock is a pain in the a$$. If you have it, you should fix it before going to e85 as it will still steal HP.

Mike, I know making that first cut into your hood must have sent shivers down your spine, but it was all worth it. The end result looks great!!!! I'm sure you're glad that's over with and it's gotta help with cooling things down...;)

Mike, I know making that first cut into your hood must have sent shivers down your spine, but it was all worth it. The end result looks great!!!! I'm sure you're glad that's over with and it's gotta help with cooling things down...;)
Thanks, yes I felt sick cutting the hood but it will definitely help with cooling, hood fluttering and front end lift

Some cooling mods for my son’s track car.
Bullet grill, silicone hoses, radiator ducting and an aluminum radiator I bought new for 150 bucks on Amazon.com. I couldn’t believe the price so I bought one just to check out. Yes their welding is sloppy and the bungs for the A/C condenser didn’t line up but I’m not using them for that anyway.
Other than that it looked pretty okay so I did my little 3 pass internal baffle mod, welded it back up and sent it.

Next up: Hood vents.

IMG_8314.jpegIMG_8315.jpegIMG_8316.jpegIMG_8317.jpeg

Last edited:
They aren’t packaged very well so the first one came smashed, but the second one wasn’t bad so I went with it…..

This is the only other 3 row 3 pass radiator for the mustang that I know of. Contrast that with my $150 modded up Amazon special and I think we did okay.

Last edited:
Boom….vents.

IMG_8499.jpegIMG_8498.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel