The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Finished installing the KB AGS-4 suspension

K-member
DSC01305_zps4bc1e13b.jpg

Front lower control arms
DSC01306_zps33857ab0.jpg

Jacking Rails and Matrix Brace
DSC01309_zps68cccd88.jpg

Boss 302S Grill
DSC01312_zpsf848bb55.jpg

And a GT-500/Ford Racing fan and DSS driveshaft

Eric said:
Finished installing the KB AGS-4 suspension

K-member
DSC01305_zps4bc1e13b.jpg

Front lower control arms
DSC01306_zps33857ab0.jpg

Jacking Rails and Matrix Brace
DSC01309_zps68cccd88.jpg

Boss 302S Grill
DSC01312_zpsf848bb55.jpg

And a GT-500/Ford Racing fan and DSS driveshaft

That is sweet!! how long was the install and how do you like the handling??

I'm thinking bout doing this next season!

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska

it finally stopped raining...
so I took it out for a short run to make sure everything worked...
was planning on heading down to Mid-America Motorplex for a
memorial parade lap in honor of Paul Brown...
threw a code and headed to the dealer... P300, P304 & P307...
no road trip... need to get it sorted before the memorial rally in July...ugh

I Couldn't find a wheel that I liked for the Boss so I designed these and had them manufactured.

I named my new venture Seven Forged.

They are light weight true mono-block forged wheels.

These are 19x10 front 19x11 rear.

Weight 21lbs front 23lbs rear.

The finish is a two tone black with black brushed aluminum.

Turned out better then I imagined.

Can't wait to get them on my Boss.

9176348463_abef05aa21.jpg

9176425819_680a408f8b.jpg

9159516805_beb4c24623.jpg

9178517510_6b6c74cd3c.jpg

Got my MGW all installed and tuned, works a lot better than stock. Went to a local car show, ate an early 2000 Shelby on the way home, it was tastey. It was a great day.

Blue Boss RS said:
Also test fitted my fiberglass Tiger Racing Hood.

Great hood fits perfect.

Waiting for the shop to paint it.

9159517015_deeb93a414.jpg

9159517063_07ac5e2d4f.jpg
Awesome! I'm wanting one for my 2013 as well.. What are you doing about the Hood stripes?? going to have them painted on, or have the shop fit a decal to the new hood?? I am anxious to see it, as i want to do this to my Race Red Boss.. just can't decide on hood striping!! Keep us posted with pictures!

Luke

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

SC BOSS said:
Awesome! I'm wanting one for my 2013 as well.. What are you doing about the Hood stripes?? going to have them painted on, or have the shop fit a decal to the new hood?? I am anxious to see it, as i want to do this to my Race Red Boss.. just can't decide on hood striping!! Keep us posted with pictures!

Luke
Man Grabber Blue looks awesome! The Tiger Hood is one of the best looking Mustang hoods ever. I am biased but I would get rid of the little fender stripe and have them paint the hood like this in Performance White;
038.jpg

Steve

steveespo said:
Man Grabber Blue looks awesome! The Tiger Hood is one of the best looking Mustang hoods ever. I am biased but I would get rid of the little fender stripe and have them paint the hood like this in Performance White;
038.jpg

Steve

i've thought about that steve..i've also thought about removing my 2013 decals and having the '12 decals put on and having the hood painted similar to yours only white where yours is red!

SC BOSS said:
i've thought about that steve..i've also thought about removing my 2013 decals and having the '12 decals put on and having the hood painted similar to yours only white where yours is red!
I'd go with black over white. Regardless, it'll look awesome!

SC BOSS said:

Luke

Luke & Steve

I'm going to paint the stripes like below (ignore the crude photoshop). Taking the tiny top fender piece of reflective stripe off and painting that flat black. The hood vent and lines below will be painted flat black as well. The top will look great that way because the stickers are so reflective. I will leave the side hockey stick decal alone.

Should be a few more days when I get this back. I'll post pics.

Love the hood the honeycomb fiberglass quality is so good. I like how the hoods are numbered and made to order as well. I think the hood is so unique plus it provides down force which is so awesome.

9198480711_cca0a3c472.jpg

9198480681_a9bf1eacde.jpg

Installed Glow Shift sandwich plate with oil temp/pressure sensors. Changed oil and upgraded to Ford Racing oil filter. Cut the dash for the gauge pod and started the wiring. Cutting the dash was about the scariest thing I've ever done to any car!

VTBoss302 said:
No turning back now...

:)

Yup, past the point of no return. Good luck with the install and I'm in for a review of your setup... I'm thinking this will be my next mod.

Installed the BMR Panhard bar and brace today as well as the Ford Racing shifter and bracket. The body is now centered on the axle and shifts are now crisp and clean albeit a bit more NVH.

Having the following Mods installed tomorrow/sat/sun

1. SCT/AED tunes
2. Airaid CAI
3. Griggs Racing Torque Arm Kit
4. KB Panhard bar
5. Jacking Rails

Boss949 said:
Having the following Mods installed tomorrow/sat/sun

1. SCT/AED tunes
2. Airaid CAI
3. Griggs Racing Torque Arm Kit
4. KB Panhard bar
5. Jacking Rails
anxious to hear your impressions of the Griggs torque arm. I have one on my gt500 and it really helps the car dig out of corners without spinning.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Got this in the mail today from Mr. Black, very high quality and in my usual fashion a unique touch.
LowerGrille001_zps299e7b17.jpg

I want to thank John for going off the reservation and doing the red powder coat. Hopefully will have the rest of the car to install around it in a few days.
Steve

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

received and installed my BMR LCA relocation brackets. went in very easily. did it while it sat on my rhino ramps...best 50 bucks I ever spent was on those ramps. haven't taken the car for a drive yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel