The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

ArizonaBOSS said:
YEAH BUDDY!!!

I'd be surprised if those weren't louder than the Corsas!
When I took them out of the box and saw its a straight thru pipe with side baffling, I know they'd be loud.
Will have to figure it out in September at the MPH Mustang Roundup since Gary and I should both be there. ;D

drano38 said:
Finished installing the Roush axlebacks I bought from Swiss Boss.
Also took out the 3/4" side exhaust discs since these allow more flow.
Went out for a short trip, and wow, these things are awesome. ;D
The reviews are spot on--calm and cool at cruise, but get on the gas, and they really open up.
May not be as loud as Corsas, but for the price of these used, they're great for me.
To install, I took the hanger brackets off--Whiteline Watts link bars in the way to move the exhaust forward far enough get off the hangers. The bottom hanger bolt is tough to get at, but by pulling down the rear of the muffler, I was able to get a wrench in there. A 13mm ratcheting wrench would make it easier, but I don't have one.
A pic of out with the old, and in with the new (used). The stockers are huge, and weigh a ton compared to the Roush.
IMG_20140809_154327_907_zps7ac4110c.jpg

Also, my family got me a Boss 302 clock off of ebay for my birthday. Put it up in the pony coral. Looks great above the Harmon Kardon stereo and 1980s JBL speakers.
IMG_20140809_174323_719_zps019a0ed5.jpg

Glad you like them.

Nice clock!

drano38 said:
Also, my family got me a Boss 302 clock off of ebay for my birthday. Put it up in the pony coral. Looks great above the Harmon Kardon stereo and 1980s JBL speakers.
IMG_20140809_174323_719_zps019a0ed5.jpg
Nice clock and are those L80T's? In my other hobby I'm a big JBL fan and have some refurbished JBL 4425's and I also built some custom JBL's.

drano38

Wayne

NFSBOSS said:
Nice clock and are those L80T's? In my other hobby I'm a big JBL fan and have some refurbished JBL 4425's and I also built some custom JBL's.
Good eye. Yep, L80T.
In 1986 I bought an HK 690i receiver and JBL L20T speakers for my college dorm. Everyone was amazed how much sound they could make. Got these L80T's off ebay in 2007 to make a surround system for the house at the time, and got another set of L20T to use one as the center channel. Now the L80T's are great for filling the 30x44' garage with classic rock.
Too bad HK and JBL aren't the quality they were in the '80s.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA

What did you do to your Boss today?

I had it on the lift and did a bolt check in preparation for Summit Point next month. Now I'll drive it to get the feel of the new suspension some more and then throw back on the lift again later on.

Man, I can't wait to back on the track!

Dig-It said:
What did you do to your Boss today?

I had it on the lift and did a bolt check in preparation for Summit Point next month. Now I'll drive it to get the feel of the new suspension some more and then throw back on the lift again later on.

Man, I can't wait to back on the track!

Which summit point event?!
Let me know and I may join you!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

F.D. Sako said:
Which summit point event?!
Let me know and I may join you!
Sark is
Join us at Summit Main September 21 & 22 with Track Club USA/SCMC for intermediate and advanced drivers open sessions. Same group that puts on the SVT Superfest at VIR. Great guys and lots of fun.
Steve

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

changed the bi...ch from a clutch line. the space between trans and cat is a bit small also for my hands and the cat was hot enough to burn my skin.

but, no risk no fun :)

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/size]P1010633_zps68844af0.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE]P1010637_zps86307c0b.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE]P1010639_zps30f55b7d.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE]P1010645_zpsf6167f11.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE]P1010646_zps294c8697.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font][/SIZE][SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

buland said:
changed the bi...ch from a clutch line. the space between trans and cat is a bit small also for my hands and the cat was hot enough to burn my skin.

but, no risk no fun :)

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/size]P1010633_zps68844af0.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE]P1010637_zps86307c0b.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE]P1010639_zps30f55b7d.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE]P1010645_zpsf6167f11.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE]P1010646_zps294c8697.jpg [SIZE=78%][/font][/SIZE][SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]

I bought two sets of long handled offset long nose pliers to reach the clip and swap the line at the trans. One with a 45 degree off set and one with 90 degree from Lowes. They are about a foot long and can reach the clips from below the trans.

Worked great.

One word of caution....don't drop the clip. Ford does not service the clip separately.

I also but a thermal sleeve over the new line to keep out the heat. Just a few bucks on amazon.

Well after what seemed like an eternity . . . My car arrived today. Unloaded in front of my house and it was better than I had hoped for. Buying a car sight unseen 1700 miles away was a very stressful adventure. I cannot say enough good things about the seller "School boss" here on bossmustangs. The car arrived detailed in perfect condition just as described. I was beyond satisified as a buyer. This was my "unicorn" car. Right car, right price, right seller!

Once I turned the key I could not stop smiling. I hadn't driven a manual trans in 12yrs but it came back to me quick. Did my first 3 mods with what daylight was left.

1. Fog light inserts.
2. Redline hood stuts
3. And the all important clutch pedal extension. Being vertically challenged this made a world of difference.

Next up is MGW shifter and Blowfish Trans Bracket when it ships. That will be it for awhile while i get to know her.

IMG_6660_zpsf29a69c3.png

photo_zps3a660778.png

Calif:

Congrats. Brings back the same memories when I bought mine sight unseen in Orlando (I live in DFW). What a thrill and a great opportunity to own one of the greatest (to me the greatest) Mustangs ever built.

Enjoy.

Thanks Boss949 . . . I gotta say I could not have gone better with the seller. Truly a super nice guy who went way above and beyond what I would have expected to ensure I had all the info and was happy with the purchase. Maybe there is something about a "Boss Owner" being standup guys/gals!

Boss949 said:
Calif:

Congrats. Brings back the same memories when I bought mine sight unseen in Orlando (I live in DFW). What a thrill and a great opportunity to own one of the greatest (to me the greatest) Mustangs ever built.

Enjoy.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

welcome calif boss302

congrat to the beautiful boss. i hope i see you drive around the streets of SF in September when i'm in vacation there[SIZE=78%] [/SIZE] 8)

enjoy the boss.

Andreas

Goy my Race ramps and fog light delete covers in. Pulled the car up on the ramps to find that one of my mufflers has a huge dent in it...what a great excuse to get some 302R mufflers. Fog light deletes turned out ok for the most part. Defiantly not a show part, but may be useable at the track.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel