The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Not today but last WE
Mods to the LS
FRPP T springs / FRPP LCA / FRPP adj panhard / MM camber plates / FRPP wheels / Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 / Open side exhaust
gallery_12429_213_65848.jpg

gallery_12429_213_64964.jpg

gallery_12429_213_32304.jpg

gallery_12429_213_38542.jpg

gallery_12429_213_15699.jpg

Still to come: Hurst "vintage" shifter / Blowfish shifter bracket / alum driveshaft / GT500 mufflers

I took my Boss to the dealer at 1:00 pm today to get Trackey installed. It's still there. Apparently, three attempts to upload the program have failed. I just hope they haven't bricked the PCM.

Boss0960 said:
I took my Boss to the dealer at 1:00 pm today to get Trackey installed. It's still there. Apparently, three attempts to upload the program have failed. I just hope they haven't bricked the PCM.

They got it working. Picked it up today and all is well.

F.D. Sako said:
You didn't like the MM logo? :p
It is a stealth upgrade all over!
I even took the OEM labels from the stock springs and re installed on the "T" springs...
This one is the low profile and stock looking Boss ;D

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Installed the Steeda spherical bearing upper control arm and heavy duty mounting bracket. Not a very hard job and now I can adjust pinion angle. Super heavy duty construction and I like that it gets rid of the "3rd spring" rubber bushing at the frame mount and will allow much freer articulation. This has been one of Gary's secret weapons that I have gotten around to trying.

Will report after 10/24-25 track days.
Steve

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

steveespo said:
Installed the Steeda spherical bearing upper control arm and heavy duty mounting bracket. Not a very hard job and now I can adjust pinion angle. Super heavy duty construction and I like that it gets rid of the "3rd spring" rubber bushing at the frame mount and will allow much freer articulation. This has been one of Gary's secret weapons that I have gotten around to trying.

Will report after 10/24-25 track days.
Steve

Agreed, installed my Steeda Poly Bush UCA in July, very nicely made. Even the poly bush unit provided a big improvement in the control and feel of the tear differential. You're gonna like it.

I also installed their rear diff housing bushing, you will maximize the benefit of the new UCA with this bush replacement as the OEM bush is sloppy.

Good luck,
Dave

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Finally finished up the Koni Yellow install and the MM camber/caster plates. Will take her out this weekend to check out the ride.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Replaced damaged MM Camber stud plates on passenger side. Re checked torque on all fasteners and used lock tite on strut top nuts and spindle bolts. Thanks to Black oss and his wife who got me the stud plates in 2 days. Also had Pirelli 295/680-19 slicks mounted on 302S 19"x10" wheels, goin' square for Lime Rock in 2 weeks.
Steve

Tulsa, OK

Pulled the door glass and actuators from the car today. Also removed the roll bar. I still need to scrape out all the seam sealer, gut the doors, and pull the dash. Car will go to the cage builder once I've finished doing all those things. And he'll add back in all the weight I've taken out lol.

Installed Roush side splitters and the rear splitters. My car is a '12, but with a little trimming they look fine with the side splitters and my Laguna front splitter. Gives the illusion the car is lower than it actually is. Ordered Hans for my next track day.

576 said:
Installed Roush side splitters and the rear splitters. My car is a '12, but with a little trimming they look fine with the side splitters and my Laguna front splitter. Gives the illusion the car is lower than it actually is. Ordered Hans for my next track day.
You bought another splitter? I agree the side splitters make the car look lower.

TMO Supporting Vendors