The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobra Jet grille, now I'm ready for the drag strip. ;)

P1030042.jpg
P1030036.jpg
P1030038.jpg

Yeah the grill surround and the wing being white is a good look. If they had been that way from the factory, I may have ended up with a KB one. Only problem is I just installed the 302S grill and now I want one of those grills too.

CaliMR said:
Yup the same box ratchet worked. It was a super easy install, the nuts were not on very tight. My nephew came over, I'm working on turning him into a car nut, and helped with the scoop and the 302S grill. I like how the grill looks unpainted on my PW, but I need to get a pony for it. Then I took him for a run over the mountains to the beach. Apparently his favorite car is the Ford GT.

IMG-20120303-00155.jpg

...Has anyone just tried opening up the fog inserts & cutting out the blocked horizontal grill sections with a plunge cutter?

Seems it could be cleaned up & made to look OK for $000?

I did the far end (left/right) blocked openings on my 302S grille so it's totally open, with a Dremel. No problem. You could just as easily cut out the fog inserts also if you have a steady hand.

2011-12-17_20-34-15_309.jpg

steveespo said:
I like the white surround Rick, looks sharp. Did you have cooling issues? Next do the splitter in white, I am a two tone fanboi ;D
Steve
No problems so far but at only my second track day my gauge needle moved above 3/4. It was barely over 70 degrees that day and can get to 100+ here in the Summer. From my perspective it's better to run cooler than hot. ;D No plans for a white splitter...yet.

Mod I would like to do: make the rear windows able to be popped opened at an angle, like the rears on my E30 coupe. I doubt it could be done well with a home made setup though.

CaliMR said:
Mod I would like to do: make the rear windows able to be popped opened at an angle, like the rears on my E30 coupe. I doubt it could be done well with a home made setup though.

Well, have some plexi & nice alum pieces fabbed & I will buy them too!

PeteInCT said:
I did the far end (left/right) blocked openings on my 302S grille so it's totally open, with a Dremel. No problem. You could just as easily cut out the fog inserts also if you have a steady hand.

2011-12-17_20-34-15_309.jpg

Cool..
Looks good.

cloud9 said:
Fresh ATE Type 200 full flush from Super Blue, DTC70s and 60s and brand new rings on the DBA 5000s
New 4000s for the rears.

Good luck DD with the brake pads. I gave up on doing it with the Carbotech XP10--too much squeel. Put stockers back on, and I'll join the rotor swap club.

cloud9 said:
Just waiting IMpatiently for the tracks to open.............. ::)

And the snow to melt?

drano38 said:
Good luck DD with the brake pads. I gave up on doing it with the Carbotech XP10--too much squeel. Put stockers back on, and I'll join the rotor swap club.
Yea we'll see. Mainly I wanted to get some heat into the new rotors slowly so will street drive them a bit before seasoning and bedding the pads.

drano38 said:
And the snow to melt?

Supposed to be 61 on Tuesday 8)

steveespo said:
Gary
Where do you get the DBA 5000 rings and how much did you pay? Since they are revamping the line are the new rings going to fit the old hats?
Steve
I got the last set from UltraRev and I think I paid $509 shipped, but I think that most places are sold out now. The receipt is on my work computer. I already had a set so now I have brand new ones on the car and one set of spares. I was told the new "T-slot" rings will fit the 5000 hats. I still haven't seen the new ones for sale anywhere yet, have you?

drano38 said:
cloud9 said:
Fresh ATE Type 200 full flush from Super Blue, DTC70s and 60s and brand new rings on the DBA 5000s
New 4000s for the rears.

cloud9 said:
Just waiting IMpatiently for the tracks to open.............. ::)

- Has anyone tried front/rear the Raybestos ST43?

And the snow to melt?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel