The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss1 said:
Great are they the 4" and do they work with the splitter? Love those ramps....
They're the RR-TR-5. 67" long and 5" high with a 4 degree incline. Pete showed some pictures loading his LS onto his tilt bed trailer which has more angle than my enclosed so it should be no problem. My World Challenge splitter is a little shorter than the LS splitter which will make it even less of an issue for me. The splitter just came in at the dealership and I haven't had time to get it installed yet, but it's warm this week so hoping all the snow will be gone and I can get it done Friday.

The MGW shifter is in and all I can say is WOW. If there's one mod to put in the Boss after the pads and the brake fluid, it's this, hands down. The shifts are even a little shorter than stock and very definitive. It feel like a whole different tranny. Every gate point is so exact, each 'clicks' into gear perfectly. It's practically impossible to blow a shift. I just drove it on the street so it still needs to break in a bit, but I LOVE it. I chose to use the firmer spring option and I like it, the whole feel is so much more solid. I also had the heat shield installed and I'm not picking up any additional noise. As MGW recommended, I did not install the dynamat insulation since I did put in the hear shield. I can't wait to get it on the track.

On the install: If you don't have a lift then I wouldn't bother even trying unless you're a damn good/experienced pro mechanic. I started with the car up on horses and me on a crawler, and I saw how tight things were getting and backed off to take it to my buddies shop. Ends up putting the shifter box in is no easy task, we had to lower the tranny about 4 inches to get the right angle on one of the shift control arms for installation. This is probably why the install video doesn't show you a real assembly on the car, they just show it on a desktop. ;D Everything fits perfectly, you just need the room to get it all in.

MGW.jpg

cloud9 said:
ArizonaGT said:
I know, but when it comes to car parts, it seems I've lost all perspective :eek:

Don't look at airplane upgrade costs--it makes tracking look cheap. ;D
My boss goes by AMU's (aircraft money units--1 equals $1,000) for his airplane. New avionics, GPS, synthetic vision, etc. It will take me years to spend what he has in the last year. Glad he didn't talk me into an airplane last spring--I'm having way more fun with the Boss.

While I was installing the tranny scoop, I noticed that the pinch weld on the passenger side is a little bent and the paint cracking right in the middle. Looks like it was picked up with a floor jack from the middle, instead of the jack points. As it has only ever been in my garage or at the dealer, they must have done it. I'm not too happy about it. But I think with a little touch up paint it will be hardly noticeable. The only work I have had done is the TK install which doesn't seem like it would need a lift, so it was probably the dealer I bought it at during the unboxing.

Post #670......didn't think this thread would get this long. Thank God it's 69 degrees here today and the first signs of spring have arrived.

ONE MORE WINTER MOD.

MGW.

Thanks a lot Pete :mad:

cloud9 said:
Post #670......didn't think this thread would get this long. Thank God it's 69 degrees here today and the first signs of spring have arrived.

ONE MORE WINTER MOD.

MGW.

All that's left for you is the new TR intermediate rear spoiler. ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:

ONE MORE WINTER MOD.

MGW.

Stop! (at least that's what my wife said) It's always I just need this one more thing :D

Gary my offer still stands on the LS Spoiler if you get the Tiger rear one.........

And I may get the MGW pending your on-track review. Not going to spend $400 on it until I have a confirmation this will stop my missed 3rd gear shifts on-track.

ArizonaGT said:
Not going to spend $400 on it until I have a confirmation this will stop my missed 3rd gear shifts on-track.

It will BUT it will not fix the MT82, that is all I can say.

Gary I knew you would be getting one, you are so predictable ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:

ONE MORE WINTER MOD.

MGW.

What is the intermediate wing. Do you have a picture. I drove an LS at the track on sunday. The front splitter really makes a difference but it felt like the back needs more downforce to me. Im going to feel like a kook driving around town with the S wing on the car. Someting in between may work.

ArizonaGT said:
Gary my offer still stands on the LS Spoiler if you get the Tiger rear one.........

And I may get the MGW pending your on-track review. Not going to spend $400 on it until I have a confirmation this will stop my missed 3rd gear shifts on-track.

It will. Ask the CT State Troopers ;D

And the last bastion of the "Winter Mod Wars" continues. Your up Gary (The MGW doesn't count, you still have a stock CAI ;D )

Safecraft.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel