The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkaser90 said:
jmbboss302 said:
bkaser90 said:
Can I get a check on my car? The order number is 2804 and dealer code F13088. When you have a chance, thanks,Bob

As of March 6th update, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold".

can I get another check on my order when you have time?
I know it was said that VIN's seem to be issued on Thurs. can I get another check?

jmbboss302 said:
2013boss302 said:
Boss #94 Grabber Blue

http://www.folsomlakeford.com/new/Ford/2013-Ford-Mustang-62f5f29f0a0a0002016e111185da1232.htm

Folsom Lake Ford

Vin: 1ZVBP8CU3D5202614

Any Idea when it was built?

jmbboss302

Any updates on mine 1ZVBP8CU1D5206564

Thanks Paul

1ZVBP8CU3D5202614 - Built March 5th.

1ZVBP8CU1D5206564 - As of the March 16th update, it is on "Ramp 51".

Thanks for the update. I might have to go check out #94 this weekend since this is the same as my ordered car.

Paul

bkaser90 said:
bkaser90 said:
jmbboss302 said:
bkaser90 said:
Can I get a check on my car? The order number is 2804 and dealer code F13088. When you have a chance, thanks,Bob

As of March 6th update, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold".

can I get another check on my order when you have time?
I know it was said that VIN's seem to be issued on Thurs. can I get another check?

Your car recieved it's VIN March 22. It is 1ZVBP8CU8D5212460.

As of the March 28th update, your car has a scheduled build date of May 21st.

JMB any idea how the flow usually goes?

Unscheduled- Material Hold
Unscheduled- Clean
VIN
Build
Ship
?

I seem to remember mine being on material hold since I ordered now it's listed as "clean" is it possible a VIN is coming soon?

Jeff said:
JMB any idea how the flow usually goes?

Unscheduled- Clean
VIN
Build
Ship
?

I seem to remember mine being on material hold since I ordered now it's listed as "clean" is it possible a VIN is coming soon?

It basically goes like this:

Unscheduled- Clean
Scheduled to Week (VIN assigned)
Scheduled to Day
Body Shop
Paint Shop
Trim Line
Produced
Released
In Transit
Delivered (to dealer)
Sold

F13103

All the activity is getting pretty exciting!

Looking forward to hearing peoples impressions once they actually make it to the customers.

Whenever you get around to it, please let me see a VIN :)

Thanks again

Xero187 said:
F13103

All the activity is getting pretty exciting!

Looking forward to hearing peoples impressions once they actually make it to the customers.

Whenever you get around to it, please let me see a VIN :)

Thanks again

As of the March 20th update, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Clean".

New to this forum. There is a wealth of info sharing here. That is really nice. Thanks in advance, but I was wondering if you can run vin # 1ZVBP8CU2D5202586. Built 3/10 but was wondering status. Sounds like it will be a sticker hold, lol.. Thanks again!

Phiffzooted said:
Any luck on mine? 13G470 1921P8C
Thanks

Dealer Code - F13470
Order Number - 1921

As of the March 20th update, your car is "In Order Processing" - "Unscheduled- Material Hold".

1992chpb4c said:
New to this forum. There is a wealth of info sharing here. That is really nice. Thanks in advance, but I was wondering if you can run vin # 1ZVBP8CU2D5202586. Built 3/10 but was wondering status. Sounds like it will be a sticker hold, lol.. Thanks again!

Yes, it was built on March 10th. And as of the March 17th update, your car is at "Ramp 51".

so i have to ask many of us had a mid april pick up your new fun toy and now we have a mid may build which means maybe end of may but most likely june if we are lucky which we are not as this is going . why are we getting pushed back so much? i just would like to know more about what is going on . thanks much

OK fellas, I thought I would chime in once again. I've been faithfully watching these boards for the last few weeks, ever since I found them. All posts have been where's my car just like mine. I was trying to find someone at ford to tell me the truth. My son works at the Ky Truck Plant. I ask him if he knew any one that could beat the bushes to find out what the hold up was. He thumped on his supervisor enough till he received an answer. I still don't know if it is the truth. It was told to him that the 13 front fascia was changed after production was started and the fit wasn't good enough to pass Quality control. It may have already been stated but that is the latest I've heard.

My car was dealer orderd so I havent had the hassle most of you have had. This dealer orders a lot of exotic crap all the time. At one time a few years ago, when I bought a new car, he had 3 or 4 ford GT's sitting around gathering dust on the showroom floor. By the way, He's still got an orange 2012 boss sitting there.

see ya, john

Well..I have #2, a Grabber Blue, and can tell you there are stripe issues. It's minor, in my case limited to the three small sections on the front facia just under the hood, but there is an issue. Mine will need to be replaced. But until then... :D

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
JeffIsHereToo said:
Well..I have #2, a Grabber Blue, and can tell you there are stripe issues. It's minor, in my case limited to the three small sections on the front facia just under the hood, but there is an issue. Mine will need to be replaced. But until then... :D

So you are selling on Craigslist? http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ctd/2928869216.html

JeffIsHereToo said:
Boys & Girls, I realize that there is a lot of anxiety with ordering and waiting for our Boss 302's. But we must keep in mind that:

1. It is still March, soon to be April, 2012 and it is a 2013 model year car.

2. We are a minority. (early orderers, limited volume)

3. This is a vehicle that has undergone some minor changes from the previous year, 2012 and production started just last month, February 2012.

4. That the changes made, front fascia and stripes for instance, are having some production issues and these things will and should occur at the beginning of production instead of, say, three months in the production mode.
Ideally, of course, these bugs should have been resolved before production. Keep in mind that there could be additional production issues.

5. This is a $45,000 + purchase and not like buying a pair of jeans (after one has tried them on and the GF says "nice butt").

6. In all due respect to Ford, these things should be inserted into the formula of our ordering process in anticipation of finally receiving the vehicle.

So let's sit back, relax and let things take their course. We will not be telling Ford AAI how to make their cars quicker. 8) 8)

BTW & FWIW, I just read that Alan Mulally, Ford President and CEO, just made another $29MM. :eek:

Bossfan said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
Boys & Girls, I realize that there is a lot of anxiety with ordering and waiting for our Boss 302's. But we must keep in mind that:

1. It is still March, soon to be April, 2012 and it is a 2013 model year car.

2. We are a minority. (early orderers, limited volume)

3. This is a vehicle that has undergone some minor changes from the previous year, 2012 and production started just last month, February 2012.

4. That the changes made, front fascia and stripes for instance, are having some production issues and these things will and should occur at the beginning of production instead of, say, three months in the production mode.
Ideally, of course, these bugs should have been resolved before production. Keep in mind that there could be additional production issues.

5. This is a $45,000 + purchase and not like buying a pair of jeans (after one has tried them on and the GF says "nice butt").

6. In all due respect to Ford, these things should be inserted into the formula of our ordering process in anticipation of finally receiving the vehicle.

So let's sit back, relax and let things take their course. We will not be telling Ford AAI how to make their cars quicker. 8) 8)

BTW & FWIW, I just read that Alan Mulally, Ford President and CEO, just made another $29MM. :eek:

Everything you say is true, but it's only one side of the coin:

• Some people have paid extra for early allocation. Are the dealers going to refund that money? ha ha.
  • Some people are waiting on this car for their track season to begin, slipping into April means they lose out on some of the season.
  • Some people have hard deadlines for getting the car otherwise it introduces serious issues. (military departure, no other car, etc.)
  • People using financing for the car are at risk of losing their original financing terms which could impact their monthly bill.
  • No owner wants their "new" car sitting outside for months before they take delivery.
  • etc.

Bottom line is things can happen, I think people know that, but Ford could do a much better job of communicating to buyers what is really going on. Its in their interest, its in the buyers interest. Yes, I'm sure it costs a little money to put a system in place, but with Alan alone pulling down nearly a cool $30M as you say, I think they can swing it in the name of putting the customer first.

Me? I'm keeping this in perspective to my own case. I'm buying this as a track toy, not relying on financing and have not paid for early allocation. And while I did forgo a LS I wanted that was Q4 for an earlier car I'm okay with waiting if it makes the car "right". Again however, I just wish there was a superior method to track what is happening rather then pinging Mark here each week for an update hoping something positive has happened.

TMO Supporting Vendors