The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just noticed that on my online window sticker there is a date on the bottom of the tag and for my car it is dated 3/16/12. This is the same date that jmbboss302 tells me when I ask him for a update. I am thinking that Ford updates that field when anything happens to the car. Does anybody know if that is correct? maybe that will save me from bugging jmbboss302 for updates.

Paul

WindowSticker.jpg

2013boss302 said:
I just noticed that on my online window sticker there is a date on the bottom of the tag and for my car it is dated 3/16/12. This is the same date that jmbboss302 tells me when I ask him for a update. I am thinking that Ford updates that field when anything happens to the car. Does anybody know if that is correct? maybe that will save me from bugging jmbboss302 for updates.

Paul

WindowSticker.jpg

I'm not sure what all the numbers listed are for, but you may be right about the date. However, I believe the date will be different on the window sticker that's attached to your car. I have noticed the Invoice Prep Date is what's on the actual window sticker. My mom just picked up a new Fusion yesterday, and I questioned the saleman about the date on her window sticker. They had over 90 Fusions on the lot, and I wanted her to get one that wasn't sitting there a long time. I thought it may be the build date, but he informed me it was the Invoice Date. I think 315 is the Price Level Code Number.

I believe you are right. When you checked mine the last time you indicated an "as of date" of 3/25 but my newest window stickers shows 3/16 which is the day my dealer told me he was onvoiced for the car. That's right, dealers have been invoiced for cars that are sitting on hold.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
RoushF150 said:
I believe you are right. When you checked mine the last time you indicated an "as of date" of 3/25 but my newest window stickers shows 3/16 which is the day my dealer told me he was onvoiced for the car. That's right, dealers have been invoiced for cars that are sitting on hold.

My brother (Ford Dealer GM), that as soon as a VIN is issued, they receive and invoice for the car.

Brian

Out of curiousity jmboss, would 1ZVBP8CU8D5200924 be ramp 51 as well?

Also, does anyone know why your build date would disappear from the window sticker?

1992chpb4c said:

Also, does anyone know why your build date would disappear from the window sticker?

Your car was at Ramp 51 from February 29th until March 20th. Now it shows this as of March 20th:
Awaiting Shipment - Released - Autoalliance International Inc, MI - Mar-20-2012

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Hi Mark,
Any update on mine? 1zvbp8cu8d5200650

I looked at the window sticker online and the date at the bottom changed to 3/29/2012, so I was thinking maybe they made some status update on mine.

Thanks,
Brian

batman48195 said:
Hi Mark,
Any update on mine? 1zvbp8cu8d5200650

I looked at the window sticker online and the date at the bottom changed to 3/29/2012, so I was thinking maybe they made some status update on mine.

Thanks,
Brian

From the March 20th update:

Awaiting Shipment - Returned to Plant (Autoport Limited ) - Flat Rock, MI - Mar-20-2012, 06:51 ET

batman48195 said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
Well..I have #2, a Grabber Blue, and can tell you there are stripe issues. It's minor, in my case limited to the three small sections on the front facia just under the hood, but there is an issue. Mine will need to be replaced. But until then... :D

So you are selling on Craigslist? http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ctd/2928869216.html

Ok..that's my car but it has NEVER been in McKinney TX! My car was ordered by the dealer in AR, on the sticker, and I bought it there. No idea what this person is selling. Sent them an email but don't expect a reply.

I drove past the plant about an hour ago, and spotted this. The picture is not the greatest, I had to zoom in thru a fence. Notice the white Boss without the stripes on the fascia. These cars are parked across the street from the plant where they get their stripes.

4-1-12marksipod009.jpg

Bossfan said:
orng302 said:
What do you mean by "paying extra for an early allocation".

I have same question.

Not that complicated guys, but I appreciate knowing people actually wrote what I typed. :)

I simply mean, that earlier cars go for more money. Example: In some cases where a dealer has got a Q1 allocation a person may be willing to pay an ADM (or more of an ADM) to get that car. Should Ford keep building Bosses and fix them all at the same time some time in late April, buyers who may have paid more for Q1 may end getting their car at the same time as a Q2 car, making their extra ADM fee effectively pointless. The manufacturing line is time linear, when the car's ship is not.

1992chpb4c said:

If the window sticker gets reissued after the car is built the info often disappears. Did you save the earlier version?

PTRocks said:
1992chpb4c said:

If the window sticker gets reissued after the car is built the info often disappears. Did you save the earlier version?

Luckily enough, I did.

jmbboss302 said:
I drove past the plant about an hour ago, and spotted this. The picture is not the greatest, I had to zoom in thru a fence. Notice the white Boss without the stripes on the fascia. These cars are parked across the street from the plant where they get their stripes.

4-1-12marksipod009.jpg

Wow, is that lot full of Boss 302's? Wonder how many have been made by now?

1992chpb4c said:
jmbboss302 said:

Wow, is that lot full of Boss 302's? Wonder how many have been made by now?

TMO Supporting Vendors