The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2023 F1 Car Launches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautiful car, except for that thong, thing. Maybe they could make it unbolt so when pics are taken for aesthetics it could be removed. I was talking to an engineer about that abomination at Daytona, he was old school, like me, missed the beautiful F1 and GT/Prototype cars. He was telling me when they designed the thongs, they actually designed them backwards, where in.. say a dragster type cage the strength is directly behind the driver's head, the major supporting member is at the front, with the rear, mated to the engine bulkhead affair.. I think they could at least make them horizontal, or SOMETHING besides a freaking add on that some kid glued to his wood racer.
Although, I'll admit, some of those wood cars are pretty zoomy..

there has never been a more beautiful F1 car than the Eagle MK1
1675955198197.png

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
The 60's "cigar" monocoque cars really did look good. Even into the early aero days when they just stuck a couple wings on the same body shapes. I also have a soft spot for the mid-70's when the teams were running the big snorkel intakes - including the American team.
1676149179241.png

TMO Supporting Vendors