The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

4-door Mustang Sedan photos from Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Hmmm, so they are planning to bring back the Ford Fusion and put a Mustang badge on it?

ford-mustang-sedan.jpg

There is already the Mach-E, so it's not like it's a new concept, but I'm not so sure they'd be able to make it work the way they're hoping. I suppose the Charger has had a good run for Dodge, but even those are going away.

Its not ugly... but a little originality would be nice. If Ford wants to make a nice four door sports sedan, start something new! Or at the very least... maybe call it a Couger? Or are the modern connotations of the word not going to work well?

Its not ugly... but a little originality would be nice. If Ford wants to make a nice four door sports sedan, start something new! Or at the very least... maybe call it a Couger? Or are the modern connotations of the word not going to work well?
Well…….it will have a larger backseat.

I"ll never forget the vintage '68-'70 Dodge Chargers...when Dodge came out with that 4 dr version later on it never went over big with me....I guess I feel the same way about a 4 dr Mustang, altho that Chrysler 300 Hemi 4 dr caught my interest for a while......................The word "sacrilegious" comes to my mind when comparing a sporty 2 dr coupe to a 4 dr sedan and using the SAME name to call it...............What's next.........A Corvette SUV???????????????

Put a coyote in it and I might be interested. Literally just bought a 4 door mustang the other day as a daily.

2023 Lexus IS500
5.0 DOHC N/A V8 making 472hp
8-speed automatic
RWD

If Ford had offered the car above in a similar configuration you can bet your ass I would have cross-shopped the two.
Ford did make a 4 door mustang, just you guys never saw it and it was called a Falcon. They went a bit silly just before they closed manufacturing down here and went to town on the hp.

supercharged Miami 5.0-litre V8 (based on the Coyote)
the Holy Grail punches out that phenomenal 483kW/753Nm (approx 650hp/555lb/ft)

fg-x_xr8_sprint_holy_grail_6-768x575.jpg

Cougar and T-Bird were 2-doors. The Aussies got it right when they called it the Falcon. The original Mustang used the same platform as the Ford Falcon of that period.

If Ford keeps putting Mustang badges on things, they may end up like Dodge, where they spun off Ram as a seperate brand after it being a model descriptor for decades. Crazy idea - imagine Ford creating a Mustang brand of non-SUVs that was partnered with Lincoln, like Mercury used to be. You'd have Ford dealers, and Lincoln/Mustang dealers.

Nah, that would never work.

Ford did make a 4 door mustang, just you guys never saw it and it was called a Falcon. They went a bit silly just before they closed manufacturing down here and went to town on the hp.

View attachment 97938
Well aware of these things, just sad we never saw one stateside.

View attachment 97938
It's so bizarre how the Aussie cars didn't translate here, as cool as they were. When they made the Commodore available as a Pontiac G8 and then the Chevy SS in the US, I thought that was going to be a hit, but it never really caught on. I always thought the Falcons were cool as hell.

It's so bizarre how the Aussie cars didn't translate here, as cool as they were. When they made the Commodore available as a Pontiac G8 and then the Chevy SS in the US, I thought that was going to be a hit, but it never really caught on. I always thought the Falcons were cool as hell.
I don't think it was anything against the cars other than the pricetag. Even the Fusion Sport is pretty cool(twin turbo v6 and AWD) but it costs as much or more than a Mustang.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel