The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 BOSS 302 Race Car Build Thread Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
547041_10100420860908364_875915004_n.jpg

...12...13...14...[mumbling]...x10...[mumbling]...carry the one...yep, 500 hp. ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
NFSBOSS said:
Looking good. Are you shaking it down this weekend?

You bet! Should have some video next week as well. Racing Sat and Sun.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Thanks Grant!

Chris and I thrashed on the car again last night and it's ready to run now!

Here are a few more pics I shot while waiting for the vinyl to cure...

1nR7OSR.png

Jsasp61.png

wN0U52J.png

VLQ0NF3.png

MKIV8e5.png

8LK37cw.png

wIyq9mh.png

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Car ran great today, I picked up a couple spots in each race. I had some really great battles with a buddy of mine. Videos to come later this week.

Also I had the pleasure of meeting Tuscon302 (Derek) with his 2013 LS. There were a BUNCH of BOSSes out this weekend making a strong showing! I'm excited to continue racing tomorrow!

You're like the guy that every kid in the neighborhood wants to be like, probably drives their parents crazy..I can see it now ..
"Well Jimmy it's time to go to soccer practice"
rumble..rumble...rumble......WWWwwhaaaaaapppp!...rumble rumble
"No dad I want to go look at the race car" screw soccer!

another car guy created

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
blacksheep-1 said:
You're like the guy that every kid in the neighborhood wants to be like, probably drives their parents crazy..I can see it now ..
"Well Jimmy it's time to go to soccer practice"
rumble..rumble...rumble......WWWwwhaaaaaapppp!...rumble rumble
"No dad I want to go look at the race car" screw soccer!

another car guy created

Yeah this pretty much happened while I was loading the car...some dude stops his truck as he's going down the street and starts blathering at me, turns out he lives two houses down but we've never talked, he says we should go out on his boat some time lol. Then his kid comes down to check out the car a few mins later. I talked him into helping me load it in the trailer straightly :)

Here's a pic from trying to figure out how to work captdistraction's gopro:

vkwu0u5.png

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Ended up taking 3rd in class in the feature race this weekend, barely kept the car on track with dead tires and way outgunned in the class I'm in. I will be extremely competitive next year in the class I built the car for, based on those out here this weekend already in that class.

Videos and telemetry etc to come once captdistraction gets some free time (maybe this week?)...we'll see.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ArizonaGT said:
Here's a pic from trying to figure out how to work captdistraction's gopro:

1292914_10100424712834074_1736894924_o.jpg

You should print this and put it up on a wall in your garage. :) Looking forward to the videos.

Nice trophies too...I'd rather have something functional over a plastic trophy.

TMO Supporting Vendors