The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302R and 302S registration thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Guys, I have BOSS302S14 15, Flat Black car. I purchased this car last year from Jim Neukercher, he purchased the car from Jim Burke Ford in Bakersfield, it sat in the showroom for a few years before Jim purchased it. Jim is an avid racer annd good friend of mine, the car had most of its track time at Willow Springs, approx 100 hours.

We purchased the car last year with the intent of running in faster speed classes at open road race events due to the amount of safety items already done to the car and tech requirements to run 180+ at these events. We are veteran road racers and currently run a 20 GT500

We ran the car this last weekend at a sustained 160mph for 90 miles at the Silver State Classic Challenge. It is definitely a reliable engine spinning those rpm's for that long, over 6000 rpm's in 5th.

We want to move this car into the 180 class, that will require us to do some gear changing in the rear end and transmission and maybe a power adder to obtain speeds of 190mph to average out the 180. Hope we can pick some brains in here.
CheersView attachment 98591
Can you adjust the aero for less drag? Long tubes, supercharger and a tune would be worth trying before going into the motor.

Can you adjust the aero for less drag? Long tubes, supercharger and a tune would be worth trying before going into the motor.
I agree with the long tubes but am not certain about the supercharger. Given the racing @Sammyb mentioned, heat soak would be a quick issue unless there is some heavy work to the front end for multiple intercoolers. You may see better gains and reliability with a turbo setup. The power gap to go from 160 to 180 is significant.

I would advise connecting with @captdistraction and other veteran racers to see what engine options they recommend. @Paul@PAE and his team are also highly skilled at creating really fast and reliable race cars.

Welcome and a great car, I know I often miss the one I had. You might consider taking the Black Beast on a road course as it will change your mind and instead of Silver State you will just be running road courses all over the Southwest and Colorado, ha.

If the car is a 2015 , it is also rare as I have never even seen a 15 though there were reports they built some.

Welcome and a great car, I know I often miss the one I had. You might consider taking the Black Beast on a road course as it will change your mind and instead of Silver State you will just be running road courses all over the Southwest and Colorado, ha.

If the car is a 2015 , it is also rare as I have never even seen a 15 though there were reports they built some.

I think this “BOSS302S14 15” means it’s 2014 serial number 15.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel