The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
wd240801_01770.jpeg

S650 Darkhorse R Mustang Challenge Car #58 Build Thread Profile - S650 Mustangs

Darkhorse R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Slick Nick stayed out of the carnage and moved up well , ending in 5th in the " Legends " Division. Hoping for another strong run today and that race should be about over now, but will have to view when we get back to the house later this AM!

Last edited:
Nice to see Nick move up both days for two 5th Places in DHL! Running steady and clean he should end up strong for the year's Final Standings. It seems the " Red Mist" hits alot of drivers in this Series and carnage ( perfect word ) is rampant. Nick seems to move up at each event and it is fun to watch a fellow TMO member fulfill his dream. Congrats to Nick !

Last edited:
Have you had any particular issues with your car?
The reason I ask is that guy on the end of the row is having a miserable go at it. I've invited him to TMO so maybe we can all try to help him out. I forget his name.. Lewis? Newly?? IDK, it was a crazy week for me. I think I did save him a diff though by telling him to check the diff pump filter. Anyway, I hate to see guys get discouraged. Especially those that don't have a massive budget.

Rob just post any thing you have in here. There seems to be a positive relationship between our two Teams.

As you get older, you understand you don't *have* to hate the other team. You just have to beat them.

(You'll probably be working together at some point in the next few years with 75% of these people, you might as well start off on the right foot if you can.)

Have you had any particular issues with your car?
The reason I ask is that guy on the end of the row is having a miserable go at it. I've invited him to TMO so maybe we can all try to help him out. I forget his name.. Lewis? Newly?? IDK, it was a crazy week for me. I think I did save him a diff though by telling him to check the diff pump filter. Anyway, I hate to see guys get discouraged. Especially those that don't have a massive budget.
Jack Lewis. He is a former IMSA/Grand Am driver back in the 80's. Real gentleman, and we have helped him with issues through the season, Leo even did the engine and differential change his car need after Road America. He was really disappointed that he couldn't participate in the races after the haul from Georgia to Texas. Hopefully he can stick it out but has hard luck. We have only really had one issue which was a blown fuse on the MoTec circuit on the 14 car. Our guys really go over the cars each race and do fluid changes after each event.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel