The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monaca Pa
Really only eat raw fish, seldom touch the cooked critters!! Have to agree 1000% on the mechanical masturbation comment. Its just not the same, tried it, but gave up in disgust. People drive like idiots in sims, having no consequences makes most drivers into Kamikaze twits. The whole seat of your pants thing is left out of the equation and if a super Sim cost 30.000, would much rather race a Kart.
Been there done that. Raced on all big tracks. That’s at Pitt Race kart track.IMG_0003.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Look up that sim. shoulder harness pull you the whole thing moves. McCANN Racing builds them. They are in Akron Ohio . Big race team. www.simxperience.com
Unless it’s actually cornering at speed, it can’t accurately simulate g forces.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Simulators are to racing what blowup dolls are to sex.

IMG_4460.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I’m going to hell for that one aren’t I….

Look up that sim. shoulder harness pull you the whole thing moves. McCANN Racing builds them. They are in Akron Ohio . Big race team. www.simxperience.com
This one looks pretty awesome! I watched the one comparison video car vs simulator - the accelerometer was ready almost the same but not as long - no continuous g like in a sweeper. It's probably only a couple more pennies than 30k....

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
That’s pretty funny Sal
i hope you cleaned her up before you put her away lol
No sweat, put her right back in your closet where I found her.
Sorry, she might be a little stretched out now.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
And for my next trick….

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Aah, no problem!! piece of cake... Will you do it with the bellhousing on the gearbox first???
No, the bell housing will stay on the motor.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Aah, no problem!! piece of cake... Will you do it with the bellhousing on the gearbox first???
The cortex k member won’t let me tip the motor back very far.
It has to roll back quite a way to clear the shifter tower.
I prepped everything today and will attempt this feat tomorrow when I have some help. Stay tuned.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
The cortex k member won’t let me tip the motor back very far.
It has to roll back quite a way to clear the shifter tower.
I prepped everything today and will attempt this feat tomorrow when I have some help. Stay tuned.
Now I’m wondering if I can even pull the trans and leave the bell housing….will the hydraulic line for the throw out bearing allow that?

TMO Supporting Vendors