The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Try changing the tranny alone with the car jacked up on stands at home!!! Not going to do that again. Probably the first time I said... Am to old for this shyt.

May your tranny last a long time!!

Try changing the tranny alone with the car jacked up on stands at home!!! Not going to do that again. Probably the first time I said... Am to old for this shyt.

May your tranny last a long time!!
The worst I have ever seen was at Sears Point, it was a Gt1 or 2 Corvette. Broke the clutch.
Pull exhaust pipes, pull diff, disconnect headers, drop cradle finally get to the bellhousing literally it was a body off job.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Just the last few details and a wipedown and we're ready to go.
I haven't driven a racecar in a year so, Wish me luck! :oops:

366711008_652244396871014_6680934612627851034_n.jpg366739681_652230923539028_234631647073104314_n.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Good luck, looking forward to seeing the videos!!! Very very envious!!!
Well, we have one more week to wait….but the car is 99% ready.
My son has Covid so I might not even get to go. 😢

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Oh!! thats too bad, hope he has a speedy recovery! But with luck a week should be ok.
I am hopeful. Beyond racing, he's my son and I'd like to keep him around.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Don't you have a Hurricane in your weather forcast??
I'm in California, 30 min from San Francisco, the woke epicenter of the planet.....we aren't allowed to use gendered terms like HERicane....its THEYacain.
First I've heard of violent weather here....but it is unusually quiet and dark out there....I wonder?
Bad day to have my truck in for service, if I have to high tail it to the hills it's going to have to be in Frankenstang.
At least I know I can get there first.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yes!! You tend to get attached to your offspring. All joking aside, am sure he will make a speedy recovery. Getting Covid now is like getting a cold, just about everyone I know has had it, some several times. Down here we got like 6 different shots so people are pretty much immune.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I'm in California, 30 min from San Francisco, the woke epicenter of the planet.....we aren't allowed to use gendered terms like HERicane....its THEYacain.
First I've heard of violent weather here....but it is unusually quiet and dark out there....I wonder?
Bad day to have my truck in for service, if I have to high tail it to the hills it's going to have to be in Frankenstang.
At least I know I can get there first.
Lol, well does seem to be a "Cyclonic weather system" heading your way, would a ITacane be the right word? May get some rain tires?? Don't remember hearing of a Hurricane in San Fran before.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Yes!! You tend to get attached to your offspring. All joking aside, am sure he will make a speedy recovery. Getting Covid now is like getting a cold, just about everyone I know has had it, some several times. Down here we got like 6 different shots so people are pretty much immune.
I for some reason (Knock on wood) have never got it. I'm probably too stubborn and the virus says "Too much work" and moves on the the next victim.
I do NOT accept the jab.....never have, never will.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
It's a freaking hurricane, if they named ALL of them after dudes, they'd never get past the virgin Islands.
Good luck Sal, most emergency clusters get that way in states with governors that have a D, next to their name. We had a FEMA team out of my FD., the difference the gov makes is huge. We had FEMA teams in Louisianna 24 hours ahead of Katrina, but they had no... nada... zippo disaster plan.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
It's a freaking hurricane, if they named ALL of them after dudes, they'd never get past the virgin Islands.
Good luck Sal, most emergency clusters get that way in states with governors that have a D, next to their name. We had a FEMA team out of my FD., the difference the gov makes is huge. We had FEMA teams in Louisianna 24 hours ahead of Katrina, but they had no... nada... zippo disaster plan.
Really? Should I batten down the hatches? Nobody around here is even talking about it. If I hadn’t heard it here I would t even know about it…..

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Looks like a SoCal thing….I’ll get out my rubber ducky just in case.
Thanks for thinking of me guys. :cool:

IMG_4618.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors