The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
what do you guys mean trackey would be gone? the device you load the tune with stores it. when you return to stock the trackey program is back.

Justin said:
what do you guys mean trackey would be gone? the device you load the tune with stores it. when you return to stock the trackey program is back.
With aftermarket tunes, you will loose the track key features...

Justin

BOSSPOWER said:
With aftermarket tunes, you will loose the track key features...
thats what I meant. just trying to get it clear for the masses. you dont lose it forever its just stored away while you enjoy an aftermarket tune with aftermarket parts.

jr

Race tracks have turns!
So you upload an aftermarket tune, start the car with the black key, and it uses the aftermarket tune.
But if you start the car with the red key....?????

jr said:
So you upload an aftermarket tune, start the car with the black key, and it uses the aftermarket tune.
But if you start the car with the red key....?????

Once the aftermarket tune is installed, the red key no longer activates the TK tune and works just like the black key.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
LS110 said:
Once the aftermarket tune is installed, the red key no longer activates the TK tune and works just like the black key.

That's good to know.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Delivery confirmation for the CJ Intake, Twin 65mm TB and cold air kit, tomorrow by end of day. Ordered from Fordracingparts direct. Haven't gotten any back order email on the CAI kit so hopefully it is all there, packages shipped directly from Livonia MI.
Will get some pics up, have to contact Shaun at AED to see how he advises proceeding with a tune, hope he can give me a baseline to data log from and then fine tune it from there. Don't really have a tuning shop near me that I trust with Coyote/Road Runner specifics.

Steve

steveespo said:
Delivery confirmation for the CJ Intake, Twin 65mm TB and cold air kit, tomorrow by end of day. Ordered from Fordracingparts direct. Haven't gotten any back order email on the CAI kit so hopefully it is all there, packages shipped directly from Livonia MI.
Will get some pics up, have to contact Justin at AED to see how he advises proceeding with a tune, hope he can give me a baseline to data log from and then fine tune it from there. Don't really have a tuning shop near me that I trust with Coyote/Road Runner specifics.

Steve

Good luck with the install Steve, and enjoy the extra power :)

Justin

steveespo said:
Will get some pics up, have to contact Justin at AED to see how he advises proceeding with a tune, hope he can give me a baseline to data log from and then fine tune it from there. Don't really have a tuning shop near me that I trust with Coyote/Road Runner specifics.

Steve
I am interested in seeing what Shaun has for you at AED. I would like to have this set up.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Justin said:
I am interested in seeing what Shaun has for you at AED. I would like to have this set up.

+1 very interested to see the results. But not very interested in chunking out the cash anytime soon :eek:

Justin

ArizonaGT said:
+1 very interested to see the results. But not very interested in chunking out the cash anytime soon :eek:
yeah I'm grounded from buying parts for a while so says the wife. Unless I see parts for this kit for cheap used

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
It was a coin flip between the intake and Eibach Coil Overs, I chose POWER! The logical decision would have been to improve the handling but I am all about Going and Stopping, with turning a close third. Well if I get a good bonus this year................

Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors