The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 JULIE Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
We also played the “lap 3” video with volume at 11 !! Julie sounds angry as she screams around the track !! @Vettel-ish - Debby says your new car sounds “really nice and pleasant, like a race car should” !! Go get ‘em

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
I absolutely love Julie! Does she have a sister?!? 😂 I watched your RA lap vid. It looks like you have quite a bit more mph on the long straights than your last ride! I can't wait to see what you two do once you find her limits!
Thanks Mark, just getting started with this one. Once we have rev match in the car will be go like hell.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
We also played the “lap 3” video with volume at 11 !! Julie sounds angry as she screams around the track !! @Vettel-ish - Debby says your new car sounds “really nice and pleasant, like a race car should” !! Go get ‘em

Ha love it! Might be at Blackhawk on the 20th. Need more seat time in it before we go to Nasa for our first official race event.

Julie is a gem!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Cherish your jewel!!!!!.............as I never get over my Boss..........................................I had that bad boy out today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....taking no prisoners.....to be honest...there was no prisoners in our sight...................they musta knew we were coming...............Yea, right...................

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No worries. with that cool bag and with that new driving suit and accessories you will intimidate the heck out of those folks with shoddy old track duds ! Gotta feeling you are going to do quite well and all of us at TMO are sending out good vibes for you also. Kick butt, and take no prisoners.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
No worries. with that cool bag and with that new driving suit and accessories you will intimidate the heck out of those folks with shoddy old track duds ! Gotta feeling you are going to do quite well and all of us at TMO are sending out good vibes for you also. Kick butt, and take no prisoners.

Appreciate that Bill. GO like Hell will be the mission.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Getting ready for our first NASA event. Nervous.

View attachment 90269

View attachment 90270
Just tell yourself it ain’t sh!t, just another ride around the track. Don’t try to go fast, try to be smooth and the speed with come. Especially if you are trying to get a comp license. They won’t care at all how fast you are, just how smooth and under control you are. If you’re running on the ragged edge and making choppy moves and missing braking points and apexes that will not bode well with the instructor. Just be relaxed and be smooth. go in easy and position your car for a good exit. That’s where the speed is. Not bombing in at full tilt And making sloppy exits.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
HPDE for VIR and Autobahn this weekend. Applied for Comp license as well and my TREC license.

You've come a long way since the GT350 lol. I was following you on M6G back then

For sure!!! Its a passion. Motorsports in general have been a huge part of my life.

I live around an hour from RA and that helps. Been there over 100 times. My best friend and I have been to 6 F1 races as well.

Started making some good money and decided to jump in.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel