The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevbd - 2011 GT, non-Brembo/stock/square 275/40/18 mpss - 2:03.9

Palmer Motorsports. Track noob but having fun and hopefully will get better!

stevbd said:

Welcome to TMO. There are lots of inexpensive mods you can make to your GT that will drop your lap times. Have fun out there!

stevbd said:

For Palmer a big Brass Set is mandatory. :) Love the track but man that is a lot of Granite.

Peter

VoodooBOSS said:
Welcome to TMO. There are lots of inexpensive mods you can make to your GT that will drop your lap times. Have fun out there!

Thank you! I bought the car partly as a result of lurking on this site and seeing how much fun you guys were having. I learned a ton here, although I won't be nearly as hard core. For now I'm just doing basic daily driver suspension mods, better brakes, wheels and tires, so I can get out there and practice without the car totally falling on its face.

85Gold said:
For Palmer a big Brass Set is mandatory. :) Love the track but man that is a lot of Granite.

Peter

True that. I don't have any experience at other tracks to compare, but I have found Palmer kind of intimidating and easy to get lost on. But also gorgeous and a total blast, I'm hooked. Slow but hooked lol.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
stevbd said:
True that. I don't have any experience at other tracks to compare, but I have found Palmer kind of intimidating and easy to get lost on. But also gorgeous and a total blast, I'm hooked. Slow but hooked lol.

You are officially on the board :) Welcome to TMO!

Speed will come with time; have fun! When you get determined to go faster, pick one corner or technique to work on each session and work on nailing it, then put it all together!

1:37.6 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Stock 2013 Boss 302S on Pirelli DH slicks, with extra GT500 mufflers and diverter pipes installed to quiet the car down to 88dB. Yours truly behind the wheel.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUbGbJfMbo

#insertRacerExcusesHere:
The tires were pretty well worn by this session
It was only my third time driving the 302S
There was lots of traffic and it was hard to get a clean lap.
This is my only 3-pedal track car and my heel-toe needs work.
Extra mufflers hurt the top end power

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
88db is crazy low. Do you have a picture of the exhaust setup? I have to come up with something different to quiet the car down to 94db for one track here in AZ. I made some "ghetto diverters" to get below 103db at Thunderhill a few weeks ago.

Oh and also you beat my MRLS time! :)

treynor said:
1:37.6 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Stock 2013 Boss 302S on Pirelli DH slicks, with extra GT500 mufflers and diverter pipes installed to quiet the car down to 88dB. Yours truly behind the wheel.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUbGbJfMbo

#insertRacerExcusesHere:
The tires were pretty well worn by this session
It was only my third time driving the 302S
There was lots of traffic and it was hard to get a clean lap.
Extra mufflers hurt the top end power

You need excuses to run a 1:37? Must be nice... :eek:

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
treynor said:

Your only three pedal track car? Gentlemen we need to start a gofundme page and get this man more three pedal cars! :p

I too would love see what you did to get the car that quiet, like Drew I also broke the 103 db sound limit on our NorCal adventures

Hastings, NE

1:32:666

2011 5.0, Coilovers, G-Stream Wing, 315/30/15 Hoosiers, lots of small mods.....

This car will be listed for sale shortly. It is very well sorted and consistently turns laps 2-3 seconds faster than 302S cars.

ArizonaBOSS said:
88db is crazy low. Do you have a picture of the exhaust setup? I have to come up with something different to quiet the car down to 94db for one track here in AZ. I made some "ghetto diverters" to get below 103db at Thunderhill a few weeks ago.

Oh and also you beat my MRLS time! :)

I will get a picture of the setup from Borelli. I've also asked them to do a before & after dyno to see how much the mufflers are costing on top end. I'd guess its in the range of 30HP.

KRost said:
Hastings, NE

1:32:666

2011 5.0, Coilovers, G-Stream Wing, 315/30/15 Hoosiers, lots of small mods.....

This car will be listed for sale shortly. It is very well sorted and consistently turns laps 2-3 seconds faster than 302S cars.

I was surprised to read that you are selling it as you made no mention of that over the weekend. What changed and will you be buying something else?

And while your car is well set-up and very fast, it is the guy behind the wheel turning that into the blistering lap times!!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
barspen said:
OP, want to Add Arizona Motorsports Park in Litchfield Park, AZ to the list? 2.23 miles track. I have to block off my side pipes to stay within the 96db limit, but its a great course. http://arizonamotorsportspark.com/

Post up a time and I'll add it! I'll be there eventually...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
barspen said:
The track is awesome. I plan to run there in mid-Dec with ProAutoSports.

Arizona Motorsports Park, Litchfield Park, AZ
1:58:12 - 2011 GT500, CAI/Tune, Koni, UCA, LCA, Nitto NT01 (275/40/18), Carbotech pads XP10

I've been there a few times and driven it once, although it was in a Corvette, so I won't post the lap time :eek:

I may try to get out there in December as well to see if I can pass sound with stock mufflers and some diverter pipes.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel