The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You really had those Hankooks talking to you and what a solid run! Not sure it was all the Michelins fault in the rain as mixing two different tires ( brands ) with different compounding and tread patterns is not a very good situation in the dry and even more so in the wet, imho.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Impressive run on Duane averaging 100 per lap, anywhere, is moving!
6 cyl/auto non coilover car....damn impressive.
Might have to put Frankenstang in my will....

Last edited:

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
What event was this? I've thought for a few years I could run midpack pace in an Xfinity road race....
Hooked on Driving. The spring event in 2018 Same as the one you were at got snowed out. WGI offered HOD the Thursday before NASCAR weekend as a make up date. It was open track no run groups all day for non novices. Ran on Sport Cup 2s. Lots of fun. Met Ross Chastain in the paddock, he was wondering how he could do track days with us.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Hooked on Driving. The spring event in 2018 Same as the one you were at got snowed out. WGI offered HOD the Thursday before NASCAR weekend as a make up date. It was open track no run groups all day for non novices. Ran on Sport Cup 2s. Lots of fun. Met Ross Chastain in the paddock, he was wondering how he could do track days with us.
I was with SCDA - does HOD traditionally run short course or was that just for nascar?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Ross will need to learn that you can’t simply punt the guy in front of you before he drives an HPDE event. Just saying. :ohdamn: :oops: :D

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
A new lap.... it's not faster than my last year 3:00.791, but it might be worth noting my car is basically set up the same (Eaton TrueTrac vs Torsen T2R), but I am on a more endurance oriented tire (Hankook RS4) vs an autocross oriented tire (Bridgestone RE71R, discontinued) last year.

The tires just wouldn't give me the rotation a I needed,particularly in the slower turns of the tight and slalom-y infield where I lost 2 of the 3 seconds according to my data.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
New personal best at Blackhawk yesterday. I have not had the Boss on track since she refused to shift into fourth at Barber. Fortunately I was able to fix the problem by replacing the slave and master cylinders on the clutch, a fun afternoon. :banghead: ;)
New personal best 1:21.64. My new Garmin says an optimal lap of 120:23 is possible. I need to study the data, video and get back on track. If you have considered buying the Garmin, do so. It only hurts when you get the bill.:hellyeah:

Region: Midwest
Track: Blackhawk Farms
Time:1:21.64
Username: TMSBOSS
Car: 2012 Boss
Mods: Suspension Cortex double adjustable and Ford bushings, Brakes
Tires: Pirelli DH takeoffs.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
When was the last time the main page was updated? I noticed my 3:00.8 from last year wasnt up, my new newer Watkins Glen isnt up, my 2:10.043 at VIR Full isnt up ... I know @Fabman is a volunteer doing this out of his heart...

I didnt see @Apex3V or myselfs laps from Rockingham Roval either

TMO Supporting Vendors