The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

low buck spoiler for S197

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was cruising around youtube and found this guy, he's a low buck guy that builds a lot of his own stuff, deep in my soul, I have never liked the "wings" on these cars, so I've almost always run a Kamms tyle spoiler with an adjustable whickerbill. This guy builds one of those. Checking out his car, he's done some other stuff as well, such as opening up the front fenders, and adding some other aero type stuff to the car. It is well worth taking a look at how he did this, it is similar tot he spoilers on the junkyard dog, and the fox body I did years ago (also posted on these forums).
Even if you don't like the idea, maybe it will give you some other fabricating possibilities.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Reminds me of the one my son built for his EVO 9. There are some very creative and inexpensive wings and spoilers that show up at the SCCA Solo Nationals in Lincoln, Ne. every year. Heck , folks can often get ideas at many auto crosses and thanks for posting this example BS1 !!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel