The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Motor Mount recommendations 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
The last motor mount thread I saw with comments was last updated a couple of years ago. Has there been anything new to add in that amount of time? BMR seemed to be what people were recommending for a car that still sees the street. I just broke a passenger side mount on my car equipped with the PP1 mounts and am not sure that just replacing it with the same thing will be sufficient. I'm currently running a 750hp tune on my car (2018 Roush), so it does see a fair amount of abuse. There was a thread asking for differences between regular GT, PP1/PP2 and GT350/GT500, but I didn't see any feedback. At first I thought maybe the 350/500 one might be a better/stronger choice, but it appears they are known for breaking on the 350s. Any insight would be great.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I ran BMR on my '16, tried it with solid aluminum bushings which were totally untenable on the street, unbelievable NVH felt like it was going to shake the car apart. Even in combination with poly bushings it was awful. I ended up using a combination of the red and black which was much louder than stock but sort of bearable on the street. I say sort of because an hour on the road and you'd be wishing the noise would just STFU.
But they did limit engine movement for sure.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel