The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Project Super Beater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So at the tire tests in Daytona, and along with the recent NASA deal, it was nice to see people having fun with cars. I recently sold my yellow T4 car to a guy who's daughter wants to go racing. It should be perfect for her, not much power, and easily maintainable. I really liked that car, problem was.. I'm not the guy who raced it, it was always someone else, and I'd have to complete my driver schools (again) and to be honest, it just didn't sound like as much fun as going to the track and just farting around and having fun with other people who are like minded, so the T4 went away.
In it's place will be an 06 Mustang GT.
A little background.. Stick shift Mustang Gts are getting hard to find, I've been searching for months. I finally located one at a cheesy little car lot in downtown Tampa. Somebody, at some time, loved this car. It had a nice paint job on it, which is now worn out by the sun, it had some engine mods, and X pipe, it was extremely well maintained, had an aftermarket shifter, custom interior (not my style) and everything worked. The CD/radio, windows, mirrors, heater, and the clutch seemed to have been replaced fairly recently, it had the 5 speed and not the Getrag trans, and even the A/C ran great. It apparently had a tune at some time because of the JLT intake, X pipe and no cats. I crawled all over the car with a flashlight and magnet and could find no issues with body work, rust or anything else.
the engine ran great, oil pressure was good, the guy gave me the keys and said go drive it, I ran the crap out of it and $5500 later it was on the trailer, all 186K miles of it.
and thus, it begins anew...

B4eKesHl.jpg

Kk0QhkGl.jpg

I pulled the interior out of it and sent the front seats off to an upholsterer, (the same guy that did my F150) black on black is the new orange on black. Ordered a rear seat delete, and a Watson roll bar, carpet and restored misc interior parts that had been painted riceburner orange.

vOlpuTzl.jpg

YbHMtIcl.jpg

FP springs and shocks ( the ones in the pic are hypercoil) and Metco trailing arms from the scrounged parts box

20211223_100051.jpg

20211227_084010.jpg

Last edited:
Going to rebuild the limited slip unit with carbon fiber clutches and replace the axle bearings... then this little disaster happened

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I like the look of the exterior and the seats are not really that bad, but a rear seat delete and the upgrades will make it lighter, faster and hence more competitive. Are you going to set it up more for Autocross or Track Events, as I know you like both? Congrats on selling the yellow RaceCar and I fully understand your thought process.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I have a set of pristine stock seat covers from an 08 super snake if you want them.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Day-yam, if those are from Specfab it is no wonder when Fabman speaks folks listen. Those are quality pieces way beyond the normal metalwork one gets for brake ducting!!

I was taught early on...

“Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.”

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel