The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Project Super Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Even though the F350 has the computerized sway control in the trailer package from the factory, I still went with a weight distribution hitch with adaptive sway control, EAZ-LIFT Trekker 1200. My trailer man had some custom brackets made so it could fit the bigger beams that ATC uses. It‘s back friendly putting the torsion bars on their saddles as you use your power sand jack to raise the hitch until the bars are level, fulcrum them in place & lower the hitch setup & weight distribution is set. The last photo is the truck and trailer all loaded up ready to travel & it’s all level with the WDH setup.

IMG_1482.jpeg

IMG_1480.jpeg

IMG_1479.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Even though the F350 has the computerized sway control in the trailer package from the factory, I still went with a weight distribution hitch with adaptive sway control, EAZ-LIFT Trekker 1200. My trailer man had some custom brackets made so it could fit the bigger beams that ATC uses. It‘s back friendly putting the torsion bars on their saddles as you use your power sand jack to raise the hitch until the bars are level, fulcrum them in place & lower the hitch setup & weight distribution is set. The last photo is the truck and trailer all loaded up ready to travel & it’s all level with the WDH setup.

View attachment 91157

View attachment 91158

View attachment 91159
Damn did not know you had an ATC. I love your trailer and set up. You have been some inspiration for mine.

So supertrailer, and dare do I say it super truck, is progressing. Having an 8.5ft bed has allowed me to move the ATV to the truck, freeing up room in the trailer. Recently I acquired one of those cheesy little wagons from tractor supply. I have since turned it into a pit cart. Tool box, a few essentials, a weatherproof box that doubles as a seat. This way I can roll 90% of the stuff out of the trailer, saving my fragmented back.

20231122_111011.jpg20231122_111030.jpg

CA

View attachment 91157

View attachment 91158

View attachment 91159
@dragoon what mpg do you get with this setup and what speeds do you usually travel at while towing?

So supertrailer, and dare do I say it super truck, is progressing. Having an 8.5ft bed has allowed me to move the ATV to the truck, freeing up room in the trailer. Recently I acquired one of those cheesy little wagons from tractor supply. I have since turned it into a pit cart. Tool box, a few essentials, a weatherproof box that doubles as a seat. This way I can roll 90% of the stuff out of the trailer, saving my fragmented back.

View attachment 91334View attachment 91335
Not exactly the same thing, but seeing these pics made me think back about 8 yrs ago or so when I was a "softball dad", you should've seen how many girls' families had fold-able wagons about this size for carrying all their junk for all day softball tourneys! 😄

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
@dragoon what mpg do you get with this setup and what speeds do you usually travel at while towing?
I have the 6.7 liter power stroke diesel (2018) & while towing (tow/haul engaged with auto engine braking) with full load, 10 mpg to 12 mpg. Tail wind can add 1 or 2 mpg but never seen it go beyond 14 mpg which is rare but it did happen. Head wind or side wind can decrease it by 1 or 2 but it never got below 9 mpg. We generally use the hi-ways with 65 to 70 mph speed limits. Just got a new set of Goodyear‘s (trailer tires) and they feel fine at 70 / 72 mph. Thanks for asking.

I have the 6.7 liter power stroke diesel (2018) & while towing (tow/haul engaged with auto engine braking) with full load, 10 mpg to 12 mpg. Tail wind can add 1 or 2 mpg but never seen it go beyond 14 mpg which is rare but it did happen. Head wind or side wind can decrease it by 1 or 2 but it never got below 9 mpg. We generally use the hi-ways with 65 to 70 mph speed limits. Just got a new set of Goodyear‘s (trailer tires) and they feel fine at 70 / 72 mph. Thanks for asking.
So Goodyear is the tire for the job? I usually tow at around 75mph, but the crappy chinese tires always have me worrried. I inspect them all the time, and keep 2 extra spares. I just don't trust them

So Goodyear is the tire for the job? I usually tow at around 75mph, but the crappy chinese tires always have me worrried. I inspect them all the time, and keep 2 extra spares. I just don't trust them
Goodyear endurance are the absolute best

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I found the load rating and plies are the most important issue, and would only run 8 ply tires as a minimum. I have had blowouts three times, and all three were with Goodyears. But, I got wise after chatting with a friend who builds trailers and he said to check the load rating as many trailers come with just the minimum ( usually C or D ). He recommended a load rating of E for my 26 foot trailer and I not only noticed less tire wear, but the trailer felt more stable in really windy conditions.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Definitely not the case for medium or lower priced trailers in years past , but since my last trailer was purchased in 2016 I can not say that is still the case. Good for the consumer to have higher load rated tires on their enclosed trailers for sure, and I would have appreciated it with the first three trailers I had. It was no fun having a blowout at 70mph pulling a 30 ft trailer with 2 Spec Miatas inside. The 2016 trailer never had a failure except the sidewall bulged badly on one and it was ready to go..........replaced with Es and those are still rolling along.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel